Release: Dllfix15

Discussion in 'General Modification' started by Spellslinger, Oct 20, 2006.

Remove all ads!
  1. Spellslinger

Spellslinger Established Member

-Increases the range of random encounter maps by 1, so that the caravan encounter can be correctly handled as random encounter. (This needs scripts updates from Blue)
    -Fixes that the portrait UI at character creation did only display a part of the potraits listed in portraits.mes.

*UPDATE(v15)*
    -Fixes the misalignment of buttons in the worldmap GUI when using non-standard resolutions.

Testing, feedback. Thanks to Agetian for bringing the worldmap bug to my attention. The scripting part of the caravan fix is Blue's domain, as is cursing me for fixing the portrait bug.

Requires latest CMF and dllfixes not yet included in that CMF.

http://files.co8.org/mods/dllfix15.rar

2. Cuchulainn

Cuchulainn Windmill Tilter

Hey Awesome work as always!! It hadn't even occured to me yet you could fix the portrait selection. :beer:

Cuchulainn.

3. Agetian

Agetian Attorney General Administrator

Awesome work! Great job dealing with the infamous worldmap UI scaling bug! :D

A little question here: I'm currently playing a game with the v14 DLL, do you think installing this one will ruin my saved games? I'm not at home so I can't check myself, and I don't want my saved games to be ruined anyway, so I'd love to know if I can install the new DLL seamlessly or I should wait until I complete the game. Thx in advance.

- Agetian

4. Cerulean the Blue

Cerulean the Blue Blue Meanie Veteran

If you are useing v11 or higher, v15 will not mess with your saved games.

5. Spellslinger

True. But even if incompatibilites would arise, your savegames never get corrupted. They just don't load, because the loader checks the data it restores.

6. Agetian

Agetian Attorney General Administrator

OK, I'll give it a try. Thanks, guys.

- Agetian

7. Kalshane

Kalshane Local Rules Geek

Using dllfix 15, I get a CTD when I try to assign feats for my 10th level Rogue. I tried several times just to make sure and it always CTDs when I click on the Feats section of level up. When I rolled back to dllfix 14, I was able to select my 10th level rogue "feat" without a problem.

8. Spellslinger

Can anyone else confirm this? I didn't touch anything feat related since the first rogue fix release, and nothing in v15 in comparison to v14 should make a difference... Sounds quirky.

9. smg225

smg225 Gyro Captain

I just started a game using 5.0.2 and have a rogue, I'll let you know what happens when I hit 10th level (a few days maybe?).

10. Kalshane

Gerko posted in the 5.02 bug reports thread that's having a similar problem with his Barbarian/Rogue using dllfix15, but any time he tries to select a feat during level up. Though it sounds like he's having some other issues with his install, so it might be unrelated.

11. Gerko

Gerko Member

Just to quote myself :
    I also said I didn't know how old it was, but seeing it being mentioned here, I figured I'd try rolling back to dllfix14. And the problem's gone.

After switching back and forth a bit (wanted to confirm the L10 rogue bug), I can't seem to level up as a rogue at all on a 'Feat' level using dllfix15 anymore. No matter whether it's a pure or multiclass character. (Which is weird, because I didn't notice this before I started switching back and forth and was just using dllfix15.) This includes the 10th Rogue level. It DOES work with dllfix14, so I guess something must have gone wrong anyhow.

So, here's a confirmation.

Good luck fixing!

-Gerko

12. Spellslinger

Weeeell, look who's quirky now. Guess that's what you get for stumbling around in a dll when you should've been long asleep. I cleaned up some test code in the dll and it seems I cleaned out too thoroughly.

Shouldn't be too hard to fix. For now, just use v14 for your levelup needs and play on with v15.

13. Kalshane

You know, I had just done the switch to dllfix 15. I think that was the first time my rogue had leveled up and gained a feat since I switched from 14 to 15. I assumed it was just the 10th level thing, since I was leveling up into Rogue 10. Good catch.

Hey, it happens. And you asked for people to test rather than saying it was good to go. Glad the reason behind it is apparent, though.

14. smg225

smg225 Gyro Captain

Um, I get a little confused as to what version is where--if I installed 5.0.2 three days ago, that's .dllfix15, right? So to go back to 14, I just download the file in the .dllfix14 thread and extract it to my toee root directory (I'm using frontend)?

Sorry, I should know this by now. Thanks in advance.

15. Allyx

Allyx Master Crafter Global Moderator Supporter

The .dll would go in the modules/Co8-5.0.0 folder - NOT the root folder.

Our Host!