Reincarnation blues and the Gnomish Cleric

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by ShadowDragon8685, May 2, 2004.

Remove all ads!
  1. ShadowDragon8685

ShadowDragon8685 Member

Okay. Troika completely screwed this one up.

Small characters get shafted so badly in this game. My gnomish Cleric is unable to wield any of the magical items that a Cleric should be able to, because 'that item is too large and cannot be wielded.'

Nevermind that the 3.5 DMG says specifically that magical items resize for their owners.

I am livid! My Cleric's getting screwed - as is my Rogue! All because the items aren't properly resizing.

So I tried killing off my Cleric and having Jaroo reincarnate her to try and change her race to somthing Medium. It didn't work! TEN TIMES it didn't work, every time, she came back as a Gnome.

HELP! Is there ANYTHING that can be done to make items properly resize, or a way I can make my Gnomish Cleric permanantly Size M? Help!

2. sir_toejam

sir_toejam Member

hmm. the only way i can think of would be to edit the size of the items in the protos.tab file. there is a good editor available on this site. change the item size down one level, save the file and then start the game with the changed protos file.

the file is just a columned text file, so it's really easy to edit.

cheers

3. ShadowDragon8685

ShadowDragon8685 Member

It seems that the protos editor link is bad.

Arrgh!

4. taltamir

taltamir Established Member

short answer, and forgive the pun, dont use short characters... use a party of all medium creatures.... and consider the short ones "unimplemented features"....

Our Host!