Recommended PC party size

Discussion in 'The Keep on the Borderlands' started by hellblazer, Feb 22, 2008.

Remove all ads!
  1. hellblazer

hellblazer Established Member

I didn't see this mentioned in the player's guide. How many PC's is the module balanced for?

2. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

Hmmm... well, was ToEE balanced for 5PCs? Or 8 characters? I have no idea.

I would personally suggest 4PCs, 3NPCs, and one empty spot for additional quest-related characters like the merchant or the guy in the cells. But thats just me. That set-up would require changing your party format from 5/3 to 4/4 using the Front End. But it depends who you have and how you set up your party. Experienced ToEE players can generally do the moathouse at 1st level with a smallish party where n00bs might struggle with the full 8 - it really does depend on the player.

3. bytor

bytor Member

Ted, why do you suggest 3 NPC's? Just for more dialogue options and such?

4. Ulgar

Ulgar Member

Is the question for TOEE or Keep on the Borderlands?

5. Old Book

Old Book Established Member

Ah. Argh. Deleting now.

6. Shiningted

i guess I recommend 3 NPCs for the additional fun of having them? But they are all 2nd level (or should be - Aereon might be 3rd) so they do beef the party slightly. But really a bunch of first level PCs, plus Two Swords if they really need some muscle, should be fine. The bigger encounters for first level PCs - the zombies in the sewers, the larger (Dire) animals etc, can all be seen before you reach them if you take your time and listen: there's no concealed Fiendish Dire animals or anything.

7. Flak88

Flak88 Member

I see in KOTB you can have up to 10 party members. What is the potential make up? Can you run 10 PCs/NPCs or are you limited to 8 because of the Front End? Are the two extra slots made mostly for companion animals/familiars? Thanks.

8. Shiningted

:blink: Errr, no... you can have the usual 8, plus 9 more attached critters run by the game's AI: the mercenaries, the back-up archers, summonable companions, controllable undead, those sorts.

Our Host!