Ranger magic?

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Lord Plothos, Feb 28, 2005.

Remove all ads!
  1. Lord Plothos

Lord Plothos Established Member

My ranger can't cast any spells. She's 6th level and has a 12 wisdom, so she should have been able to cast a bonus spell as early as 4th level, and she should get 2 now. She has the slots but has no spells learned. What gives?
    I've got only the 2nd patch and moebius' temple.zip applied. Is this a known bug with either of these things?

2. Rook Hudson

Rook Hudson Member

I thought rangers didn't get spells until the 8th level. Maybe that's your answer.

3. Kalshane

Kalshane Local Rules Geek

It's 4th level in 3.5. 8th level was earlier editions.

I've never run into this and I've been running with Atari 2, Co8 3.04 and moebius' dll. I'll try making a Ranger with 12 wisdom when I get home tonight and level him up to 4th level and see what happens.

4. Kalshane

I made 2 rangers, 1 male human, 1 female elf. Both had 12 Wisdom. At 4th level, they gained their first spell. At 6th level they gained their second. Everything seemed to be normal.

I would suggest installing Co8 patch 3.04 in you're only running patch 2 and the updated dll. (You may need to reapply the moebius temple.dll afterwards. Not sure.)

5. Lord Plothos

Lord Plothos Established Member

I would, except she just got to level 7 and suddenly can cast spells. Her stats didn't change, so I can only assume there was a glitch in the save file (?).

6. Kalshane

Weird. But at least it's working right again.

Our Host!