Random Encounter portraits issue

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Rana271, Mar 24, 2020.

Remove all ads!
  1. Rana271

Rana271 Member

I am on Windows 7, unmodded TOEE NC 8.

The random encounter portraits are being replaced in several instances-not every creature, with a blue T image. It has infected ALL of my saves. The screenshots wont work also,blank image-black. It is a Blue "T" and labelled as "Door" for random encounters.. Must be graphic parsing fault.

Has never happened before until today,after months playing? I just played normal with no variations.

Does anyone have a clue what has happened?

Cheers

Phillip(Kylan271)

Last edited: Mar 24, 2020
  2. sigofmugmort

sigofmugmort Established Member Supporter

Possibly a corrupted file, you may have to re-install

3. Rana271

Rana271 Member

It has affected all saves..from months...

4. Allyx

Allyx Master Crafter Global Moderator Supporter

@Rana271 The "Blue T/doors" are objects that don't exist in protos.tab. It seems as if the game is spawning random encounter enemies that have since been removed from the game for some reason or another.

I would recommend reinstalling the game from scratch and follow the installation process very carefully. If you have the GOG version it should be pre-patched to Official Patch 2 as standard, you can install the NC 8.1.0 mod and Temple+ right away. Otherwise you may need to install the game, patch 1, patch 2, NC 8.1.0, and Temple+ to ensure your game is upto date.

5. Rana271

Rana271 Member

That's what I thought, but I did not mod the random encounter file :eek:? I have Temple Plus, but you can't adjust the screen resolution in game options, only on config. But it makes screen painful to play, as too small graphics. So I just use Co8 NC. :(

6. Endarire

Endarire Ronald Rynnwrathi

@Rana271 Adjusting resolution in the configuration is still better than not being able to play. I've relied on T+ and believe it worthwhile for many reasons.

7. Rana271

Rana271 Member

After reinstall, i got a run time error, lol. :( Direct X ok, AA off, Windows 7..

Our Host!