Racist Shopkeepers

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Sachmo, Nov 8, 2010.

Remove all ads!
  1. Sachmo

Sachmo Knight of the Crown

Greetings, I've start playing TOEE again after about 2 years away (had twin girls spawn in my house) and have been loving it. The new Mod is truly excellent, congratulations to all involved.

Anyhow to my query, I bullied the Troll king to join my party and it wasn't till I went to sell some items that I remembered that shopkeepers won't deal with you. From memory Lareth was the only person who would trade with me when I had either a troll or giant in the party.

Could this be changed at all? Surely not all shopkeepers in the land would be scared by the troll, especially seeing I have it under control. You build a pretty good relationship with these people, surely they would still deal with me.

Wouldn't there be a market for Troll Size Menswear?

I think this may have been asked in the past, I did search, but I couldn't find a relevant thread.

2. wizgeorge

wizgeorge Prophet of Wizardy

Trolls are known as nasty, mean evil things so most people would run to avoid them. The traders might sell to you. You'd scare the locals on the way there.

3. gazra_1971

gazra_1971 Knights of Legend

If you talk to Oohlgrist and tell him to leave the party, he might remain where he is so that you can ask him to join your party again after you've finished trading with the town vendors.

The following NPC vendors will trade with you while you have Oohlgrist and/or Scorpp and/or Darley in your party:

Mother Screng (Nulb)

Calmert (Church of St. Cuthbert in Hommlet)

Mother (Swamp Denizen) (potion vendor in the Moathouse Respawn)

4. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

I never really looked too hard, but I'm not sure what it is that controls this. There are no obvious .mes files that would seem to, for example, and yet something must, due to the spotty behavior. So as to changing, not sure. :shrug:

5. Sitra Achara

Sitra Achara Senior Member

From memory, if they are far away enough the shopkeepers don't notice them.
    Perhaps if they're invisible, as well?

6. Sachmo

I hid the troll on the other end of Hommlet, but Brother Smythe still saw him behind me.

I found a jeweller at Verbobonc who would still deal with me. So its all good, as long as I can find someone to buy my stuff.

7. Sachmo

Thanks for that. Never would have expected the troll to be welcome in the church. Sort of makes sense that they would welcome all comers I suppose.

8. cezmail

cezmail Gorboth's Rider

Calmert would love a nice enforcer for Tithing duties, so I guess that is a good enough reason for his acceptance. :)

Our Host!