Quests in Nulb

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by ConjurerDragon, Feb 3, 2013.

Remove all ads!
  1. ConjurerDragon

ConjurerDragon Established Member Supporter

In my current game I met the smith´s apprentice who offered to show me his masters stash for 500 gold. I told him that I will tell Otis about that, the apprentice offered a bribe that I should not and I went to Otis and told him.
    In the logbook now the quest "Bribery for Justice" is completed. Howeve the quest "bribery for Profit" is only mentioned and can´t be solved as I reported the Apprentice and can´t accept his offer anymore. With my current lawful neutral party I wouldn´t accept that offer anyway but the "mentioned" quest bothers me.

Shouldn´t the "Bribery for Profit" quest be marked as botched and so completed when a party won´t accept the offer to steal the stash and instad reports to the owner?

2. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

IIRC I think that I felt botching one or the other as a result of doing the opposite was a bit harsh, as the player never actually accepted. I suppose it could just be marked as unknown again, but that would be a bit misleading, since it's not unknown. I guess completionists may have issues with this sort of thing but the states actually reflect the reality. Rat-faced Sammy mentioned one, you did another, and nothing ever changed with the first.

Be glad - that used to just be a one-off where you had no option to narc Sammy out to Otis.

3. ConjurerDragon

ConjurerDragon Established Member Supporter

Well if not "botched" then it should be completed.
    A similar case is the "Assasination" quest that you get from Skole to kill Lodriss.
    In my current game I revealed Skoles plan to kill her to Lodriss, she and the pirates left and after killing Skole+Goon the quest was "completed" but Lodriss still alive.

4. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

I disagree. Why would the quest to do one get completed if you did the other and the first was thus incomplete?

I'll have a look at that.

Our Host!