Questions about some random encounters (SPOILERS)

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Ha-Ha, Mar 23, 2012.

Remove all ads!
  1. Ha-Ha

Ha-Ha Member

Hi to all,
    first, let me thank the co8 modders for this awesome mod, that have made me play again the first pc game i had.
    second, i have some questions about two random encounters: scarlet broterhood revenge and gremlich

Scarlet broterhood:

I killed the merchante and the guard, then told the viscount about the assassination, i got spammed with shields and green capes and went to arrest darlia.
    Fight, darlia and lerrik are dead and the maitre said that i am a target.
    Now , afer 30 or more travels while doing other buisness (monster mash, the elemental planes) i still have not been ambushed.
    Did i miss something or the death of darlia prevent the fight? (similar to killing rannos & gremag in hommlet).

Gremlich:

After ending monster mash, i returned to verbobonc and the guard sent me to nulb, the first time i discovered a possible bug:since i did not buy the girl from mona, i decided to do it before talking about the gremlich. When mona went to her house , the option disappeared.
    Reloaded,Guard-->Mona-->Talked straight about the G., discovered from the guy a mile under the castle how to kill it, i get random encounters with no enemy and the sound of a screaming girl.
    The problem is : how do i find the f***ing G. int the map? I tried sleeping, walking around the map, waiting for two hours with the mute on and even spent a wand of fireball burning every square cm of the map, but i cand find it. So, how do i start the battle?

thanks

2. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

Scarlet Brotherhood: there actually is no currently scripted revenge in the scenario you describe. The existing revenge scenarios involve turning Darlia in to the authorities and him being taken prisoner. (If you tell Wilfrick about the assassination plot but decline to get Darlia, they will go pick him up themselves.)

Gremlich: the Gremlich teases you a few times before attacking.

General advice: don't try to force this stuff. If you play according to a walkthrough, you may find at times that it doesn't happen the way you expect it to. If you play without any expectations, you'll be pleasantly taken by surprise more often than not. To wit on the Gremlich, what would you really do if you were interrupted on your travels by a screaming sound? Launch fireballs all over, or just have a look around and go on your way when you didn't find anything?

3. Ha-Ha

Ha-Ha Member

thanks, i was going mad over this
    i tried to walk away a few times, but the encounters just disappeared and i was scared about "losing the opportunity".
    i'll just play along normally and in the meantime try the balor then.

so darlia death means no news from the broterhood, one less thing to worry about then, in the next playtrought i'll try not fighting him

Our Host!