Question/Request for the Modders

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Lord Plothos, Mar 29, 2005.

Remove all ads!
  1. Lord Plothos

Lord Plothos Established Member

Do you know if it would be possible to get rid of the swirling backgrounds in the nodes? They seem to be causing nothing but trouble, and don't really add much. I realize this isn't as simple a fix as changing the dialog or adding an NPC, but it strikes me as something that might be doable, for somebody who likes a challenge. I'm sure there are many people with crashing machines, who would be extremely grateful.

2. Livonya

Livonya Established Member

This would be easy to do.

I believe, though I could be wrong, that those things are actual items in the protos.tab

It would be very simple to just make them destroy() themselves on heartbeat.

I haven't noticed them causing any problems but I run a very powerful machine with one of the best video cards currently available.

- Livonya

3. lord_graywolfe

lord_graywolfe Wolfman

so do i Liv but i still get jerky in the nodes sometimes. i know its not my machine as i just built this thing about a month ago its just a problem with the program in there for some reason

4. Kespoosh

Kespoosh Member

Same here. I have a very powerful machine but I get problems even in the very smokey environment in the Fire Temple chest area (you know, with that guy with Flame...something. The wavy red sword). It seems to me that the engine is just extraordinarily inefficient in the way it draws pixels -- anything from extraneous pixel shading passes to large sections of non-working code could be the problem, but it's certainly not hardware-based.

Our Host!