Question about the add on folder

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by rayd36, Dec 25, 2009.

Remove all ads!
  1. rayd36

rayd36 Member

When I first downloaded 5.60 I also downloaded the 5.61 patch. It added the "addon" folder for the 5.5. I then downloaded the Keep of the Borderland game and then did the patch for that. I didn't want to overwrite the add on folder for fear of deleting the previous information. However when i tried to copy the information into the add on folder it wouldnt let me do the addons in the keep but tried to put it in the 5.6 (which I was preety sure is incorrect). Should I try to do something like rename the previous addon folder to something else like addon1 and then save the patch for the keep of the borderland. I recently downloaded 5.5 because i wanted to see the things i was missing before. But i just downloaded the golden skull war and i see that also has an "add on" folder. Is there any way this can be done so i can add the right addons to the right module??

2. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

Hmmm... the add-on folder will have seperate add-ons for each different mod. For instance, just looking at 5.6.1, it creates a new folder in add-ons (assuming its not already there) called 'Circle of Eight Modpack 5.6.0 BETA' and puts the 5.6.1 archive in there.

The KotB Demo Final and patch (1.1 and 1.11 respectively) which you should have gotten via THIS thread are completely seperate and should live in their own folders, and not interfere with the Co8 mod. Note that if you activate one of the mods, you have to re-activate the add-on as wel.

Our Host!