Prestige Classes

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by juggernaut1292, May 4, 2014.

Remove all ads!
Tags:
  1. juggernaut1292

juggernaut1292 Member

So ive been digging on some of my DnD books and came across Prestige classes, so was wondering if they could be put into a Co8 patch, maybe break the Level 20 barrier?

2. son_of_liberty

son_of_liberty Member

I think level 20 is the hard coded max :(

3. sirchet

sirchet Force for Goodness Moderator Supporter

Yes level 20 is the hard coded limit and everything after level 10 has been added by the Co8 team.

4. Nightcanon

Nightcanon Garrulous Halfling

Is there a limit to the number of classes available in the same way that there is for races (I seem to recall a discussion to the effect that creating additional races was theoretically possible but would require re-assigning the 'race slots' the game has available- so you could in theory add warforged or lizard folk, but only if you dropped something else)?
    I'm no coder/ programmer, but given what has been possible in expanding to level 20 (i.e. feats, hit dice, skill points and new spells, but not new class features that don't already exist) presumably some of the original PrCs where the mechanics simply give you better multiclass progression than splitting your levels (e.g. Mystic Theurge at 10th character level having better spells than straight Clr 5/Wiz 5) could be done? If there was 'space' for them in TOEE's list of all possible classes.

5. sirchet

sirchet Force for Goodness Moderator Supporter

It really comes down to someone who can alter a dll file and is willing to put in the time needed.

6. Nightcanon

Nightcanon Garrulous Halfling

Yes, that too:)
    Didn't mean to imply that this wouldn't be a big project if it were possible.

Our Host!