Poll: Handle Animal

Discussion in 'General Modification' started by Shiningted, Feb 16, 2009.

Remove all ads!
?

Do you want Handle Animal in ToEE?

Poll closed Mar 18, 2009.
  1. Yes I do.

17 vote(s)
    81.0%
  2. No I'd rather not.

3 vote(s)
    14.3%
  3. Maybe but I would like changes (post ideas below)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. I need to compulsively vote on things even if I don't understand them.

1 vote(s)
    4.8%
  1. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

Good morning folks.

Some recent 'reminiscing' got me thinking about the new skills and feats in KotB, and whether any of them would translate to ToEE.

Frankly, the answer is 'no' for basically everything except 'Handle Animal' (everything else - Climb, Profession, Knowledge, Craft, Languages, Use Rope, Disguise, Forgery etc - would have to be written into the game, not added on. Thats my opinion and you can disagree but its not up for debate here).

What IS up for debate is whether people want to see Handle Animal, as it appears in KotB, translated to ToEE. That is:
    • animals making Wild Empathy checks on Druids and Rangers, not just going KOS
    • the ability to train your animal companion to fetch items and to perform various roles in combat, not just 'charge!'
    • associated feats such as Animal Affinity
    • various synergies between them
    • possibly having fighters gain animal companions IE: buying attack dog pets, NOT summoning wolves and bears. This is far more likely to occur in ToEE before it occurs in KotB for various reasons I won't go into now.
    This will be an anonymous poll so vote freely.

By reading this last paragraph, you agree never to spam this thread or take it off topic in perpetuity. TOO LATE! You read it.

2. Shiningted

Just a quick bump: for anyone who hasn't expressed their view, please vote as I want a clear mandate one way or the other before making a change like this.

3. Basil the Timid

Basil the Timid Dont Mention the War

I certainly like the idea of another class skill for Fighters. But doesn't ToEE allow for those with Survival to avoid combat with some animals, for example: the rats in the moathouse?

4. Shiningted

No. The rats simply aren't flagged to attack.

5. Nekrocow

Nekrocow Member

I like the idea :D

Our Host!