Please Help - Nulb quests

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Chad878262, May 29, 2006.

Remove all ads!
  1. Chad878262

Chad878262 Member

I read through all 3 pages of past posts and could not find anything on this... I'm trying to do the quests in Nulb and help the collector get money from the whore house, but there is an issue... The first time I spoke with Ophelia with one of my female characters I said I wasn't interested in the girl/girl action. Then when I got the quest to help the collections guy I went back and now my only options are "I'm in the wrong place" or "I'm still working on that issue". When I go upstairs to talk to the whore she says I need to make arrangements with Ophellia... Is there a fix for this or is the whole chain of quests fubar? I have ran across a few other quests in this game like this and have had to go to a previous save, but I'm hoping I don't need to do that this time.

Thanks,
    Chad

2. rufnredde

rufnredde Established Member Veteran

Nothing is fubar here. What you have run into here is a situation that the original programmer, either didn't anticipate or failed to compensate for. The fact that you found it and it has not been reported and fixed before probably just means that it is the path less traveled.

Troika's idea when they where developing the game was to try and give the player a more realistic playing experience, through various dailog path's. This in turn led to problems due to the short development cycle imposed on them by Atari. The Snake Pit itself was dropped from the game completely and restored here at Co8. Many of the paths in the dialog are not fully developed. That does not mean they are fubar or even bugs at all in my opinion (ah, but now I am ranting sorry)

To answer your question no I don't believe that there is a fix for this at this time. Thanks you reporting this, someone may fix it now that has been identified.

What name does the quest you are having problems with have in the Quest Log I'm not familiar with the collections guy?

RnR

Last edited: May 29, 2006
  3. Chad878262

Chad878262 Member

Two quests actually... Madam Ophelia's weekest link and Preston Wetz's tooth pain. Preston must collect money from Ophelia in order to pay the gay guy to pull his tooth. Meahwhile Ophelia is having trouble getting two of her girls to 'produce'... I can get in to a conversation with the whore on the 2nd floor and the dialogue leads me to "I will go talk to Ophelia to see what I can do" but the one on the 3rd floor says I need to talk to Ophelia. Meanwhile Ophelia doesn't have any dialogue options except to say that I am working on the one on the top floor.

4. rufnredde

****Spoiler****

On the Preston Weltz one I believe it is Mona outside of the Snake pit is the one you want to speak with not Ophelia. I'll take a look at Ophelia's dialog and let you know about the other one. There is a collection part of the quest for Ophelia but it has a couple of conditions on it for you to even get that part of the dialog. As for Riana there are two ways to complete that quest and since you didn't take the girl/girl option she was your only way out. Glad you got past it. I need to play through this again and check some things thanks for the post.

Last edited: May 30, 2006
  5. Chad878262

Chad878262 Member

huh, this is strange... The quest definately does not involve mona... However, I just talked to her and said "hell yeah I'm going in there" and when I walked back in and talked to Ophelia it gave the option to buy Rianna's freedom... Still can't do anything about the whore on the 3rd floor, but the quest shows as clear so looks like I'm good to go.

6. Chad878262

Chad878262 Member

one more quick question.... brawling with tolub and when I knock him out he just lays on the ground, paralyzed... the game still has him saying 'c'mon...any takers' but he's knocked out. Plus the quest is not showing completed. I tried passing 1 hr of time and he does get up, but he challenges again and when I knock him out I have to do the same thing over again. any ideas or advice?

7. rufnredde

I have never had tolub do that, did you talk to him first? Try casting a cure light wounds on him it should set his hit points back up. Then try again after you challenge him in the dialog the fight starts and its done in the dialog IIrc

8. Chad878262

Chad878262 Member

Well I tried the cure light thing and that made the whole bar fight me for 'cheating'... So this time when I knocked him out I looted his prone body and then waited 8 hours for him to heal and talked to him again. this time I fought him and now the quest is completed... Odd, but at least now I have some good stuff off of him...

9. krunch

krunch moving on in life

Casting Cure Light Wounds on him is a good suggestion just for the l00ting reason if nothing else.

10. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

I'll just second that the Ophelia dialogue is less than consistent.

Our Host!