Player models

Discussion in 'Models, Animations, and Particle Effects' started by Orikadon, Oct 7, 2003.

Remove all ads!
  1. Orikadon

Orikadon Member

Is threre a way to change a character's model to appear like a lizardfolk or gnoll? It would still use the old char's stats, but would now look like a lizardfolk.

2. Halk

Halk Member

As far as I know (and it's not a great deal) the game contains text lists of what body parts make each creature, NPC or PC.

From this I think you could tell it that a male halfling, for example, has a lizardmans body and tail and head etc....

I don't know, however, if there are specific animations for weapons and so on that would cause problems.

For example it might cause a crash if you stick a longsword on the PC and the game tries to find the animation for a longsword and can't. Or if the game tries to find the animation for the lizardman casting a spell, and can't.

My advice is to extract the files (I think it's in the 3rd .dat) and read through them and carefully tinker and see what happens.

3. Orikadon

Orikadon Member

Thanks for the info. How exactly do i extract the files though?

4. Phalzyr

Phalzyr Established Member Veteran

get toeextract..... lok in the tools thread of the general modifications forum :)

5. tkurgan

tkurgan Member

Yes , check my fun with modding thread.

Our Host!