Patches 2 & 3 Q....

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Rickenbacker, Jan 9, 2012.

Remove all ads!
  1. Rickenbacker

Rickenbacker Established Member

I dl'ed & installed patches 2 & 3 to fix that "511" magic missile bug. I just copied/pasted em in the Toee folder. Didn't work. I put em in the wrong place? Thanks!

2. sirchet

sirchet Force for Goodness Moderator Supporter

Patch #3 is not compatible with Co8 mods.

The best way to solve the magic missile problem, (it's been around a while and is now a squashed bug) is to go to this thread and read up the correct installation of the mod pack. Click on the yellow words to go there. ;)

3. erkper

erkper Bugbear Monk Supporter

1. Installed, or copied and pasted? You have to save the patch executable to the TOEE root directory, then run the file.
    2. DON'T use patch 3. It only fixes the looting bug, has nothing to do with the 511 magic missile bug, and may introduce more bugs than it fixes. Use the Co8 mod instead, the 7.0 if you don't want the Co8 custom content. (7.0 NC for the full blown new content plus fixes.)

{Edit} - Ninja'd by Sirchet. Well played, sir!

4. Rickenbacker

Rickenbacker Established Member

Well, I'll admit I did all this with the game already installed & played for a while. I just figured it'd fix the problem *during* the game (as opposed to preventing it from the start)

Ok, so I have to literally start from scratch via the installing instructions I guess.
    I wasn't using the mod pack, though. But can I still use the saves I have afterwards?
    (oh yeah, & after I copied/pasted the patches, I did right-click & hit 'open' on each & some window popped up telling me what it'd do)

5. Dreddnawt

Dreddnawt Mettlehead

^ Copy/Pasting will move files into place but it wont install or activate anything. If you need those patches depends on the version you have.

If you downloaded form the GoG.com site then your game is prepatched so you go right to the mod pack install.

If you are playing from the old disks and installed to the Program Files/Atari folder then you only need patches 1 and 2.

If you install any patch or mod pack you will have to restart the game and you cannot use any previously created characters or saves. Be sure when installing the modpack that you activate it properly and dont interupt the install process. It sometimes takes a while.

6. sirchet

sirchet Force for Goodness Moderator Supporter

I just thought I'd point out that most, if not all, commonly asked questions can be answered by simply reading this wonderful thread. Everything You Ever Wanted to Know About C08 and TOEE (This thread is also linked to the image in Gaear's signature)

As always, click on the yellow words to go to the thread. ;)

Last edited: Jan 11, 2012
Our Host!