Paida Question

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by FredSRichardson, Jun 5, 2006.

Remove all ads!
  1. FredSRichardson

FredSRichardson Established Member

I know this has come up before, and I was just wondering a bit more about it.

I completed the Paida quest, and then found her again in the Greater Temple. It sounds like this is a known um behavior. I was wondering if it's possible to tell from looking at the scripting as to whether this is a bug or just a under-embelished aspect of the quest. The only only scripts I found to look at are the dialogs for Paida and the Wainright and also their script files (I only have access to Paida's right now, I'm not sure how to decompile pyc's). Are there other scripts that can be examined, or is the rest of it only live in some binary form?

2. Kalshane

Kalshane Local Rules Geek

It's a bug and I'm pretty sure it's been fixed in Co8 5.0

3. FredSRichardson

Okay, I guess this is proof that I really should be trying out the beta. I might be able to help out a bit with testing it :)

4. krunch

krunch moving on in life

Blue wrote a script for Paida [fixed her little red wagon in Co8 5 MOD] so she stays home when she should remain in Hommlet after being rescued. It does work in version 5.

5. Cerulean the Blue

Cerulean the Blue Blue Meanie Veteran

Only the scripts Co8 has altered show up in the scr folder. The rest are in the dats (ToEE4.dat mainly). You will need Zhane's ToEEextract to decompress them. It should be in the tools thread of the downloads section.

6. FredSRichardson

That's great, thanks!

I have the extractor but haven't played around with it (or the world builder). I think I'll start dabbling with the 5.0 mod and unpack everything somewhere so I can try and learn a bit from what you guys have already done. I've been meaning to learn Python at some point anyway (it's my officemate's preferred language).

Quite an effort you all have put into this, the game is quite a lot more enjoyable even with the 4.0.1 version (and the ToEEFE front end is a wonder thing)! :) :dance:

Our Host!