Outstanding!

Discussion in 'General Modification' started by 0rion79, Oct 20, 2005.

Remove all ads!
  1. 0rion79

0rion79 Established Member

You know, guys, I really have had to come back here to say my opinion about your stuff after playing it. I can't belive that you were able to throw so much garbage into the game all at once!
    with the exception of few good ideas, like the celtic tatoos, the last Co8 relase is more similar to an esibition of freaks, created by 15 years old childs.
    I can't belive it! And I was loosing my time arguing with "persons" that made a quest with a balor named Frank in homelet! Or that have had such a bad taste of placing Gwenno from Ultima series into D&D world!
    Ah, but you are really amazing.. and you were attacking me because I fixed a skeleton with a ghost!!!
    Do you have any idea of what you have done? You have been extremely selfish, modifying the game not for D&D fans that want to play a D&D-based game but only accordingly with your very subjective tastes and ignoring rules. Weapons like Hattori Hanzo's steel are absolutely pathetic, out of rules and out of equilibrium, as well many of the items that you created that are not working propely. Have you seen that your renewed cloacks of protection +4 and +5 erase the dexterity bonus from AC? Or did you forget that a weapon or armor cannot have any further magical attribute if they aren't at least +1 weapons or armors first?
    But this is the less: the new quests are the most stupid things that I've read in my almost 30 years of life, completely out of the original plot. The most hilarious detail (I try to consider it like that because I don't want to cry for the desperation) is the fact that the chief of the cabal is nobody less than the capitan of homelet militia's wife! Not to talk about frank, the fiendish spiders that entered in a unknow way into the tavern, the talking rat that makes a philosophical discussion.. c'mon! The dialogues are fake, not realistic! The game sounds as a videogame more than ever instead than a loyal reprouction of the 3.5 game and the AD&D adventure!
    Oh guys, oh guys.... you have been kind with me and others giving instructions about many things and I don't forget that but, after looking at your efforts, now I realize that we are in completely different planes and that we'll never agree. One more reason to be happy of leaving the Co8, that completely lost its original spirit.
    When Livonya was here, it was going great because, even if we argued many times, me and her have had the same target: fix the game and improve it without altering its spirit, do something special for our favourited game... but you all instead, the new module is no D&D 3.5 anymore. It is only digusting mix of different tastes, lame ideas, a pathethic tries to add humor to a game that doesn't want nor need it, a freak of nature.

Once Allyx told me that people here are not stupid, but I make you to remember this: a person that is really stupid does not know that he is stupid and will claim to be intellingent while a person that admits that he is stupid is not so stupid, after all.

I give you an advice: keep modding but don't mix your bullshit with the fixes that every player may appreciate.
    Farewell!

PS: no, I'm not a troll. I just give my honest opinion.
    PS 2: Don't care to answer, I'll never read the answers.
    PS 3: ban me if you want, I don't care.

2. Morpheus

Morpheus Mindflayer Veteran

Bla, bla, bla ... "garbage", "bullshit" ... bla, bla, bla ...

0rion79, the misunderstood genius, master of uber-long posts, strikes again.

Well, 0rion79, somehow I know you will read this. Did we hurt your feelings? Or why do you feel the need to denigrate all the work done by other modders? Wait - what? It doesn't live up to your oh-so-high standards? It introduces - *gasp* - some humorous elements into the game? The blasphemy!

I tell you what: You're not a team player, 0rion. While I appreciate some of the things you have contributed to this community effort, you always act like the Keeper of the One and Only Truth, you just can't handle criticism and somehow come across as a very, very capricious person. And this last post of yours is the icing on the cake.

Oh, and one last thing: For god's sake, don't be such a sissy. I feel embarrassed for you.

3. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

Well put, Morpheus.

And since we're taking off the gloves . . .

I wonder, did this "kindred spirit with Livonya" nonsense account for your virtual stalking of her? Care to hold forth on that, sunshine?

4. Moosehead

Moosehead Rubber nipple

... . . . . . . . .

Jesus.

5. Morpheus

Morpheus Mindflayer Veteran

Extra! Extra! Read all about it! Disgruntled modder lashes out at his former buddies ...

What is the guy talking about anyway? The last Co8 release is 3.04.

Yeah, because we all know that everything 0rion79 AKA Mr. Perfect creates works like a charm ... Seriously, if you find a bug, what about reporting it and asking politely for a fix, rather than throwing invectives at your fellow modders? Especially for a guy with your history of releasing non-working, crash-inducing protos files.

Ah, now I feel better. ;)

6. Cujo

Cujo Mad Hatter Veteran

you're bitching about things that are in testing, are optional or you have to cheat to get. from the way you talk about things you would argue with the creator of D&D on the rules when he comes out with rule set 5 and you'll be saying "but it says this in 3.5" you are a perfect example of why I don't like paladins.
    I see nothing wrong with that, it seems to me that's the way the world works - like here the leader of the Christan Heritage Party goes to jail for abusing children, or in a fictional context, the wife in Sleepy Hollow. You seem to be living in a perfect world where our leaders can't be corrupt, and things are always black or white.

the world moves on and it don't ask why.

- freedom of speech also means freedom to listen

7. Moosehead

Moosehead Rubber nipple

OK. Dialogue is the last thing Orion should be complaining about because... in all fairness, and as he very well knows, his own dialogues were abysmal.

And as for adding things that didn't amount to anything in terms of gameplay, or simply went against the original module, how about adding all the dual weapons that didn't even work like dual weapons (much less look like it) for the simple sake of adding them. Or insisting on doing joinable NPC changes, again just for the sake of doing them?

And... dude, your complaints about equipment that doesn't work right are just completely out of touch with reality. What the hell??

Orion, getting upset because 3 or 4 people didn't like your mod... seriously, not very people thought your latest changes were THAT bad. Only 3 or 4 people were voicing their opinion against it, and here you are, making sweeping generalisations about all the modders in here, as well as their mods.

Shiningted's mod isn't the new CO8 patch, and neither is allyx's shop map. no one ever said so. what's going on in these forums right now (as far as I understand it, as I've been busy elsewhere the past couple of months) is that everyone is trying to figure out exactly what to put into v.4.0, and how to make everything work seemlessly together.

Now, to your credit, it's true, there's a need to keep fixes seperate from added content that doesn't fit in with the rest of the game. But I find it odd that you state you aren't trolling, yet you don't take it into account that Cujo's kill bill katana was just added as a joke/silly easter egg, and even considered as an actual, serious part of the new CO8 mod.

I do think that the desperate housewives ultima thing needs to be harder to get to, as it IS more like an elaborate easter egg than an addition to the actual game itself. But the fixes and extra additions it contains are more than welcome IMO. I don't think there's a need to not include it in the next CO8 mod. I thought it was funny. You may not agree with my sense of humour but I honestly don't care. :) It wasn't supposed to add anything to the main plot and it doesn't. It's just a funny. The main additions to the plot haven't even been made yet, as far as I know. But things are on the way, I know that much - or, at least I'm working on a mod that will add a lot to the main plot (I know I've been saying that for a while now - but I'm overworked, overstressed and still have bills to pay :| ).
    I hope you won't flame me for making it too hellraiser-like or whatever, sheesh.

If anything though, I think the boobage (as much as I love the boobers) should be toned down a bit. Kids could be playing this thing you know ;) But for some strange reason, I don't see you complaining about the added nudity. If anything, THAT'S out of line with d&d. I mean, who the hell goes to battle with their tits hanging out, but having fully armoured shoulders and arms? (HEHE)

8. Moosehead

Moosehead Rubber nipple

Exactly. Nice to see a touch of realism in the game ;)

9. Lord_Spike

Lord_Spike Senior Member Veteran

Good riddance to bad rubbish...

And uh, oh yeah...

STFU

:finger:

10. krunch

krunch moving on in life

-> Xena and Gabrielle (Xena tv show), the amazon girls and most of the heroiness gals in Hercules, Xena, & Beastmaster (tv shows), Red Sonya (Red Sonya movie), Conan (2 movies), a very long list regarding a long list of fantasy RPG-type movies...take a close look at the majority of the pictures of PC and NPC gals in the 1st edition and 2nd-edition AD&D books [I don't know about the newer books, never have looked at any of them] and also the PC and NPC gals in the Dragon magazine.

[EDIT]
    By kids, I am referring to teenagers. ToEE, in its basic installation and use of radial menus and strategy of turn-based rounds, is too complicated for children younger than teenager to play and complete a meaningful game. They just don't have the maturity to understand the complexities and dynamics of what is going on in the game.
    [EDIT]

Tone it back? Personally, I hope not. As far as kids playing ToEE, the ToEE game is not a playstation, nintendo, or xbox game. Most video games considered popular with the so-called kids are more of the bloody and gore-laden type and are of those watch how bodily innards, intestines and bodily organs, spill and fall to the ground or fly through the air when characters or monsters are ripped apart.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2005
  11. krunch

krunch moving on in life

I am not a modder, but if I was a modder and read this Orion post, I would not be disappointed, but rather, I would be disturbed by his post. Orion is not Gary Gygax. Orion did not create D&D. Orion is not the sole author and final judge of what is and what is not D&D of any version - Basic, Advanced, or modern D&D. People all have their own interpretations of what D&D is and is not. Orion's idea of what D&D is and is not is just one concept, even amongst D&D purists. Talk about Elitism! Orion is just as much of an elitist as anyone who says their concepts and ideas and understanding of D&D are perfect and righteous where any deviation is not just imperfection, but is quite absolutely wrong and improper.

12. Croix

Croix Member

Everyone has there own "perception" on D&D. Bottom line is this............is it FUN? You got different strokes for different folkes, and it will always be that way. I respect everyones opinion as long as their mature when expressing them. Exclamation points, cussing and childish inuendos are the trademarks of immaturity. Griefing and being a horses @@@ will get you no-where in life, though sometimes it is good for a laugh or two. :peace:

13. Agetian

Agetian Attorney General Administrator

Well, I guess Orion79 has just proven to be a bunch of crap. I knew he never wanted to work in our team, but now he has just proven it. The act that he has done (the posting of this very thread) is so dirty that I don't even care discussing the moral side of the question too deeply, since everything is so obvious. Orion79 dared to verbally attack the team that he has come to work with before, since by registering and by openly stating in the Modification section that you want to mod, you automatically mean *mod with us*, NOT *talk crap about us and leech our tools/mods*! It really seems to me like this: come to a forum, register there, get everything you need from there, get all your questions answered, and then spill a bunch of sh*t on the team that works on this forum and leave.

Only the most treacherous freaks act like this.
    I don't even care to say another word about it.

EDIT: And uh... yeah, I completely agree with Morpheus that you *will* read the answers, Orion79. Such people always do.

- Agetian

Last edited: Oct 21, 2005
  14. Sol Invictus

Sol Invictus Beholder Watcher Veteran

Orion, there are better ways to make your opinions heard and to convince others to support your opinions. Calling people stupid and berating them for their ideas and suggestions is not one of those ways.

While there are many here who would be inclined to listen to your opinion on releasing a "Pure D&D Campaign" as opposed to a fantastic Baldur's Gate-ish campaign with humour, strange characters and interesting storylines not 'befitting' of the sombre (and might I say drab) TOEE campaign, I doubt they will care to listen to you anymore based on your outburst.

As others have noted, you are in no real position to call other people's ideas stupid just because they don't fit into your vision of a D&D campaign. Baldur's Gate had plenty of silliness and fun in it, and it worked quite well. It's elements like that which serve to enliven a setting. It's "camp factor". Pull it off nicely, and it won't serve to detract. The Baldur's Gate series, Neil Gaiman's American Gods, Terry Pratchett's Discworld, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Angel, Firefly, and the Hercules TV series all work quite well. There's serious moments, and there's campy moments, but each of these little moments is a facet of a greater whole. It's not as if anyone's putting missile launchers and space robots into the game, now, are they?

CO8 is a community effort, and if the community wants to implement philosophical talking rats and Balors who give you quests, it's really up to them. That said, I wouldn't mind seeing a 'pure' or 'serious' D&D campaign, either. There's no reason you can't do both and release them separately, or even make them work together for that matter (Discworld has both murder AND silliness in it).

Besides, if you don't want to work on the team, why are you whining about it? Nobody is preventing you from releasing your own mods.

15. bradrinwi

bradrinwi Established Member

okay ...
    Quote:
    The most hilarious detail (I try to consider it like that because I don't want to cry for the desperation) is the fact that the chief of the cabal is nobody less than the capitan of homelet militia's wife!

I see nothing wrong with that, it seems to me that's the way the world works - like here the leader of the Christan Heritage Party goes to jail for abusing children, or in a fictional context, the wife in Sleepy Hollow. You seem to be living in a perfect world where our leaders can't be corrupt, and things are always black or white.

i love this reminds me of a case in the us where a convicted embesseler and audlterous politico.. is hired by a convicted embezzler/adulterous politico

to manage a rather large gov agencies funding...

the stuff that happens in real life every day .. ..
    makes any fantasy plot line totally plausible..

it also will make you throw up your hands and nominate hannibal lecture for the next iron chef contestant..
    but anyways..

as a former hack/freak..
    even i and anyone i know several of whom have spent time at her majesties pleasure or had a joliet /pontiac vacation..
    or now work for the goverment.. NSA etc....or often both:)

would never have acted like this agetian is right

this is the worst kind of freak behaviour..

it also smacks of being duplicitious and backstabbing..at the worst or at the least highly immature and ironical

ohh on the note of testing.. I got gui buttons working.. for my can an other class be added...

im almost at the point of needing some testing help..

i can get a button to give a specif response so i know one end connects to the other...

now to build something like a char class maybe one that adds nothing and doesnt change the char in any way.. at all

if i end up with a +0 base att +0 hp etc..char then Ill know ive had success

*but * thats a ways off...

still have to make the button go where i want it...
    which is harder than just randomly placing one

Our Host!