Orc Season Bug?

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by kingcrowley6969, Dec 20, 2012.

Remove all ads!
  1. kingcrowley6969

kingcrowley6969 Member

I go in the cave and it is completely empty of monsters.....no orcs or ogres. When i travel away and come back its called ogre cave but no ogres... any idea what is wrong? Did i take to long to go on the quest or something?

2. sirchet

sirchet Force for Goodness Moderator Supporter

When you start up TOEE what version is active, (high-lighted) in the front end?

It sounds to me as if you may be running the vanilla version.

If 7.5NC is active you may need to do a re-activation, activate the vanilla version and then activate 7.5NC again.

And welcome to the forum. :)

3. kingcrowley6969

kingcrowley6969 Member

Thanks, i was running in the NC mod, i will try that trick and see if it works.

4. chano

chano Established Member

Have you met any opposition on you way to the cave?
    It seems like you have travelled to the ogre cave and not HB

5. kingcrowley6969

kingcrowley6969 Member

Saved Games got wiped... so starting over using a test party, leveled with console to go check it out. Will report back on success or failure of orcs in cave.

6. tom

tom Established Member

I also have the same thing on several occasions. i get the quest travel and end up at the empty ogre cave. I think i have taken both a travel immediately option and navigated by the world map but cant be sure of my memory.

I had one time when my journey was interrupted by a random encounter and c.t.d when i tried to continue.

I found that if i simply turn straight around travel back to homlet then use the world map to hickory branch i get there just fine.

Also it seams to be only the first time you travel to HB that you end up at the ogre cave.

7. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

Okay, if what we're talking about here is -

1. Get Hickory Branch quest (specifically).
    2. Use the 'travel there immediately' dialogue option.

- you will definitely go to the ogre cave due to the previously documented errors with the worldmap assignments (which will be fixed in 7.6). This should not happen if you go to HB via the worldmap manually. Likewise, if you are actually trying to go to the ogre cave and not HB as a result of Alrrem's quest and there are no ogres there, something is wrong.

Our Host!