Official ToEE Patch 3 is out

Discussion in 'News/Comments' started by zhuge, Dec 24, 2004.

Remove all ads!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zhuge

zhuge Established Member Veteran

Download it here:
    http://www.atari.com/us/support/dl....fogrames.net/patches/toee/TOEE_ANY-PATCH3.EXE

The looting bug due to DirectX9c/Windows XP SP2 is fixed. Well, actually that's the only bug fixed or so it appears from the description. For those who do not wish to apply moebius's temple.dll to overcome the problem, this would be a good fix. Moebius's latest temple.dll currently corrects more than 30 separate bugs (of which quite a number I consider to be major) and adds a host of other modifications like the level uncapper, ability to add higher level spells, Scorching Ray, etc...

From what I see, the files added/updated by the new patch (as compared to the build after Official Patch 2) are:
    tio.dll
    dbghelp.dll
    msvcr71.dll
    pyToEE22.dll
    temple.dll

Wishing everyone a very Merry Christmas and a wonderful New Year. :)

2. Martinius

Martinius Member

Zhuge,

Greetings be. Meaneth this a new patch by co8 is coming compatible with this? ;)

3. Morpheus

Morpheus Mindflayer Veteran

The latest Co8 patch (3.04) requires patch 2. It might work with patch 3, though I wouldn't recommend it. Anyway, patch 3 only fixes the infamous looting bug, while Co8 3.04 does the same - and much more.

I don't think a new Co8 patch is being worked on right now. Things have been rather quiet lately, and our resident dll-hacker moebius has gone undercover ... his talents are needed to integrate all the changes that were made to temple.dll into the new one.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2005
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Our Host!