NPC portraits

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by uaintjak, Aug 31, 2004.

Remove all ads!
  1. uaintjak

uaintjak Member

Does anyone know of a way to use the NPC portraits for PCs? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. zhuge

zhuge Established Member Veteran

I haven't fiddled much with portraits myself but I think you can get a quite bit of info from Chris Glenn's website who was previously a ToEE artist (now working for Supervillain studios):
    http://www.cglenn.com/tools/ToEE_CustomPortraits.zip

Also have a try with JHunz's Portrait Wizard and follow his instructions. The application is included in our main mod pack.

If you browse ToEE1.dat with an editor or extract it with Zane's extractor you'll see a whole list of portraits and a portrait.mes in the art/interface/PORTRAITS folder.

3. uaintjak

uaintjak Member

Thanks Zhuge. A couple of questions for you...

Where can I find Zane's extractor?

Does it actually extract the portraits themselves, or will I need something else to do that?

I think if I extract the portraits, I can figure out how to insert them using the portrait wizard or whatever.

I just need to know how to extract them. Thanks!

4. zhuge

zhuge Established Member Veteran

Zane's extractor:
    http://www.co8.org/files/tools/toeeextract.rar

Unzip the downloaded file with WinRaR and place the files (ToEExtract.exe, ToEExtract.cpp and ToEExtract.h) in the Temple of Elemental Evil directory. Click-drag a data file onto ToEExtract.exe to begin extracting. A new folder bearing the name of the data file you are extracting will be created and all extracted file are located within.

5. uaintjak

uaintjak Member

Thanks again Zhuge.

Any suggestions for a good TGA viewer?

Our Host!