Not proficient? That's not what it says here...

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Darksabre, Oct 13, 2004.

Remove all ads!
  1. Darksabre

Darksabre Member

I have to admit, I don't know if this is a new "feature" or not - I just installed the newest FanFixes patch tonight, and tonight's when I noticed the problem. But it could certainly be coincidence.

My fighter has been missing critters left and right all night long, and it was making me angry. So, I decided to take a closer look at his stats screen. He's level 6, and here's what I see:
    If he's barehanded, his AB is +6
    If he's got a nonmagical weapon, his AB is +10; apparently strength doesn't get added in until you're armed?
    But, using his +2 spiked chain, his AB is +9. Furthermore, when I unequipped the chain in order to investigate, sure enough, the red box shows up and he's not proficient.

Thing is, that's the first feat he took as a human level 1 fighter, and it still shows up on his feat listing. Nonetheless, he can't use the damn thing anymore.

Now, I have to say, I've been pretty unimpressed with the whole Tripping ability, so if necessary, I'll use the Python command to hack the crap out of him and give him a +2 lonspear or something instead. But I thought I'd ask if anyone else had seen this, and what could be done about it if they had.

2. moebius2778

moebius2778 Member Veteran

re:

Looks like I typoed while rewriting one of the functions to deal with taking MWP during levelup. Anyways, check out temple.zip and see if that fixes things. One note - it's got the weirdness I coded up to deal with stacking metamagic feats, so read the read.me.

3. Darksabre

Darksabre Member

Thanks for the reply! I'll give it a shot. Quick question - should I apply all of these new files, or just temple.dll? Or, indeed, any other single file? I don't want to overpatch, if some of these are older versions or whatnot.

4. moebius2778

moebius2778 Member Veteran

re:

I started with the Co8 3.0.4 beta patch, so you probably should be okay with just installing the entire thing.

5. Darksabre

Darksabre Member

Great. Will try it out tonight. Thanks!

6. Darksabre

Darksabre Member

That did the trick. Excellent. Thanks again!

7. Martinius

Martinius Member

By the way, your attack bonus should incorporate:
    1. strength bonus;
    2. circumstance bonuses;
    3. weapon proficiencies (weapon focus, weapon specialization, etc.);
    4. weapon enhancements;
    5. spell effects that increase or decrease the above.

I think all of those work correctly in TOEE?

Our Host!