Non-Player Character Stat/Class List?

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Chad878262, Jun 1, 2006.

Remove all ads!
  1. Chad878262

Chad878262 Member

I did a search and can't find any posts so I thought I would just ask... Is there anything out there that tells us what class the NPC's start as? It would also be nice to know alignments (not too important) and stats for reference when levelling them.

Thanks!

Chad

2. krunch

krunch moving on in life

Here's a few for you. I believe these are right. However, I have not checked the game recently for them, though.

Fruella - 3rd level Fighter
    Str 14 / Dex 16 / Con 16 / Int 13 / Wis 14 / Cha 16

Meleny - 1st level Druid
    Str 8 / Dex 13 / Con 12 / Int 10 / Wis 17 / Cha 15

Serena - 2nd level Rogue (could be 3rd level)
    Str 10 / Dex 16 / Con 12 / Int 8 / Wis 10 / Cha 15

Riana - 3rd level Rogue (could be 2nd level)
    Str 13 / Dex 16 / Con 12 / Int 10 / Wis 11 / Cha 16

And, no, I do not have other NPC stats written on paper. I'm lucky that I still have these on paper and it has not been thrown away, yet.

Alternately, check for walkthrough documents from the sorcersplace.net and gamebanshee.com sites...realize those documents are outdated.

Last edited: Jun 1, 2006
  3. Vendegaar

Vendegaar Cornish Avenger

DETERMINING NPC STATS:

I have noticed several posts asking about stats on various NPC's. This is my solution using a little detective work.

Examining the NPC skills will give a quick readout of approximate stats. (This DOES requires them to be in the party. Use the old save and reload routine to determine if you want to keep them) For example:

Ronald, the Cleric-for-hire at the Church has: (Co8 5.0.0)

BONUSES ACTUAL STAT
    Dexterity +2 Dex = 14 or 15
    Constitution +2 Con = 14 or 15
    Intelligence +2 Int = 14 or 15
    Wisdom +3 Wis = 16 or 17
    Charisma +1 Chr = 12 or 13

Strength is a special case and can be determined by examining the encumbrance
    block (Total Weight.) (You may have to move items over to other Characters to get to unencumbered weight.) This gives EXACT Strength,

Ronald has:

Encumbrance Light (0/58) Str = 14

Checking his spell list shows that he cannot cast Protection from Law or Protection from Good. His alignment is then LG. (Works for Clerics only)

STAT TABLES:

I did not list any Stat over 20 since that is the highest that can be obtained in legitimate character rolling, and using racial modifiers.

STRENGTH LIGHT ENCUMBRANCE (Unencumbered)
    20 (0/133)
    19 (0/116)
    18 (0/100)
    17 (0/86)
    16 (0/76)
    15 (0/66)
    14 (0/58)
    12 (0/43)
    11 (0/38)
    10 (0/33)
    9 (0/30)
    8 (0/26)
    7 (0/23)
    6 (0/20)
    5 (0/16)
    4 (0/13)
    3 (0/10)

STAT MODIFIER
    20 +5
    18/19 +4
    16/17 +3
    14/15 +2
    12/13 +1
    10/11 +0
    8/9 -1
    6/7 -2
    4/5 -3
    3 -4

NPC STATS

RONALD - Cleric-for-hire at the Church of St. Cuthbert: (Co8 5.0.0)

Cleric of St. Cuthbert - Male - Human - LG - HP = 10
    Comes with: Studded Leather, Longbow, 40 arrows, Leather Boots, large wooden shield, Heavy Mace, 5 Gold

Str = 14
    Dex = 14 or 15
    Con = 14 or 15
    Int = 14 or 15
    Wis = 16 or 17
    Chr = 12 or 13

This should give you about all you need to know to decide if the NPC is worth taking along.

4. Vendegaar

OK

I noticed that my last post didn't end up as it was formatted when I sent it.

Anyone got any ideas on how to KEEP things formatted in columns?

Last edited: Aug 11, 2006
  5. Cujo

Cujo Mad Hatter Veteran

paste your info and then use the code tags might work

6. Vendegaar

Hi Cujo

I don't understand what you mean by the code tags.

I DID cut and paste but it ended up all squashed together.

BTW: I just can't bring myself to kill those wolves in the random encounters if I can avoid it. They are SO cute - and I dont want to hurt any of your relatives. :eyebrow:

7. Cujo

Cujo Mad Hatter Veteran

ok what you do is highlight your text after you paste it and then click the little button on the menu bar that looks like # (in between the quote button and the <> button, third from the right)

8. Vendegaar

Gotcha - Thanks

9. lord_graywolfe

lord_graywolfe Wolfman

there is a list of most of the npcs at sorcers place. at least the ones that came with the game. as to the others they can be looked up in the protos file. for those that cant or dont want to do that we could always post thier stats.

10. Heavydan85

Heavydan85 Drinking Champion

Well there are some NPCs in the game that have higher strengths. i think the troll is 23 or something like that. and Scorpp is a 30.

11. Vendegaar

You are absolutely right.

I just didn't take the non-humanoid heavyweights into consideration.

I normally don't use anything that unbalances the game myself. (makes it too easy)

I really haven't seen a need to run super heroes - NPC's OR PC's - in ToEE so far.

Normally rolled stats (with a little judicious Roll picking) are all I need. I generally like to get at least two 18's and reasonably high stats for all the rest. Crafting good equipment at fairly low levels compensates for a lot of relatively low stats.

If anyone would like to add on to my efforts I am sure it would be interesting.

Maybe someone could figure out how to increase the backpack area to double the number of slots (page 1 and page 2?) for the big boys so that they can become REAL packhorses for loot. I might be interested in taking them along to relieve the load on my PC's.

12. Aeroldoth

Aeroldoth Established Member

As already mentioned, looking at the skills will give you a rough idea of what an NPC's stats are.

If you want to know the EXACT number, there's a fairly easy way. Use the levelup command to raise their xp. When you have raised them to 4th level (or 8th, 12th, etc.) they gain a stat increase. Now you can see the exact number.

Our Host!