New Things I Discovered in Recent Play-through -- possible SPOILERS!

Discussion in 'The Keep on the Borderlands' started by relic, Aug 27, 2014.

Remove all ads!
  1. relic

relic Established Member

I've played the recent game twice now: once with the patch and once without. I had played it a number of times when it was in the DEMO mode. In my last play-through, I "discovered" a number of things I hadn't come across before.

1. The Health of the Cousins quest - I had never found the cousins before. In fact, I don't even remember this quest being in the DEMO, but I may have missed it. I was quite surprised I found them. I also like that Reynard, once rescued, likes to hang out on top of the tower for whatever reason.

2. Who's Raiding the Trading? quest - I finally was able to complete this quest! I don't think I ever had before. I had always wondered what was up with those guys always kicking me out of their house.

3. Bard NPC - I never realized a bard -- and a quite talkative one -- was staying on the 2nd floor of the inn! I would have let her join my party, but I already had a bard. Also, there's a cabinet on the 2nd floor where you can store your extra gear. Who knew!

Overall, great use of the engine. I usually get to the 5th or 6th level with my characters wishing I could move them over to TOEE for more adventure! I have yet to play an evil scenario, so maybe that's next.

Anyone else experience any "firsts" on recent play-throughs?

2. sirchet

sirchet Force for Goodness Moderator Supporter

I experienced my very first total party wipe out from a RE with a small group of hobgoblins and a few gobbos.

I know, nothing special .... but they actually fought intelligently, heck, a weeee gobbo charged my almost dead level 2 fighter and took him out.

In short, exciting and fun stuff!

3. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

You've gotta play evil and do all the Caves quests for the chiefs. Noones mentioned them at all, which is usually feedback for 'bug free' ;)

If you have a bard face PC, you can get Axer to give you a unique quest, which the other bard can complete.

Also, did you kill the spider in the Reynard quest or finish it some other way?

Glad you're having fun!

4. relic

relic Established Member

Regarding the Reynard quest, I just killed the spider. Nothing special except for the fact I had just accepted the Queen Spider's quest to get her eggs. And after I came up from killing the spider and rescuing Reynard, the Queen Spider and her entourage attacked.

I am currently playing a neutral evil party using the NPC bard Angela. I'm sure my encounter with Axer may be different than it usually is. I may have to revisit my NG game where a bard was my faceperson and talk to Axer again as I don't know that a NPC can be your party face.

5. relic

relic Established Member

I just went back to a NG save where I have a bard and spoke to Axer again. Long story short, I bring Angela the bard back with me to play a show in the Thorp. It was a show to remember, and I completed the quest.

One question: Does Angela show up again after completing the quest? I couldn't go much farther than this as I have a paladin of Heironeous in my party, who of course fell with the completion of the quest. It's always a good party when a paladin falls!

A FANTASTIC quest, by the way. Has anyone else came across this quest? It was a first for me as I just encountered Angela only a week ago...

6. Shiningted

That quest made a tester cry :yes: (Ok, slight exaggeration). Glad you liked it.

In future, there will be multiple ways to complete it, some more palatable. But for the foreseeable future, you won't be seeing her again.

7. Shiningted

Something that no-one has yet mentioned: there is a minor sub-plot re the sale of poisoned weapons in the Keep. Quite a nice little sub-plot though, complete with alerting the authorities, a side quest, and a chance to take sides in a combat between the main Goody in the Outer Bailey, and the main Baddy.

The various protagonists are found among the denizens of the market-place :)

8. relic

relic Established Member

Oh, I'll have to try that poison weapon quest. That sounds fun!

I think I've completed all the evil quests with the Caves of Chaos. All new for me. I enjoyed the quest with the giant samurais the best. I shouted out loud when I first saw them.

Our Host!