new textures for armors

Discussion in 'Models, Animations, and Particle Effects' started by Icy edge, Apr 8, 2006.

Remove all ads!
  1. Icy edge

Icy edge Jeet Kune Do

Well i've been messing around with textures of armors and stuff and here's what i got editing the female human cloth armor so far... what do you think

Attached Files:

2. Icy edge

Icy edge Jeet Kune Do

actually, the original texture was pc_cloth_female1, then i edited it into pc_cloth_female2 inspired from this 'Dragon: The Bruce Lee Story' sega game character (sega_g_shot1.gif). Also i edited the black hair texture to be darker and more 'opaque' rather then slightly dark bluish in the original one.

Attached Files:

3. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

Well to me it looks more like lingerie than armour, but I mean that ina good way! :D

The cloth armour definitely needed an overhaul. Well done!

4. Icy edge

Icy edge Jeet Kune Do

basically i aimed for it to be something for classes that can't wear heavy or medium armour, but still need to look cool(i mean those wizard robes really make the character suck... a woman wearing them looks more like old and less 'womanly', and the ordinary cloth armor looks too poor or modest of some sorts(this i feel especially if i had a mighty high level wizard that wants to avoid robes, but has to wear cloth armour...) so this should be like another version of something like mystic garb...

Last edited: Apr 9, 2006
  5. Kalshane

Kalshane Local Rules Geek

I actually don't have a problem with the existing female cloth armor, though I definitely wouldn't mind some variety to the colors. I'm assuming you're adding this as an additional option, rather than a replacement?

6. Lord_Spike

Lord_Spike Senior Member Veteran

Kal's right...more options are what folks want; not mere changes. Make sure you get "numbers" for any additions you plan to add so they don't conflict with the work of other modders, or existing items, for that matter.

7. Icy edge

Icy edge Jeet Kune Do

ok then, i'll be working on adding the new stuff as new armors, rather than replacement to the old ones. i'll try adding some new items (mainly same shape of the originals, but new colours) initially to hommlet bartering NPCs (tailor, leatherworker, blacksmith) though i'm not sure how to that yet...

8. Ugignadl

Ugignadl Established Member

It would be cool if we could somehow change models for our characters by visiting NPCs, like if there was a barber we could change hairstyles. I know, not really anything in-game....but on several occasions I've chosen to use something just because it looks cool.

9. Icy edge

Icy edge Jeet Kune Do

ok, i prepared the files for a few new versions of the cloth armor(the one shown im my first posts and 2 others) in different filenames than the original ones
    (originals = PC_Cloth_Female1.tga/.mdf AND PC_Cloth_Female2.tga/.mdf)
    new ones
    PC_Cloth_Female3.tga/.mdf
    PC_Cloth_Female4.tga/.mdf
    PC_Cloth_Female5.tga/.mdf

however i can't figure out how to add them as new items to the game rather than replacements to the old ones. i've done a search here, but found nothing relevant enough... can anyone explain how to do this or link me to a thread around here that does?
    also i'd appreciate any help that points to how to add these new items to shops (jinnerith the tailor for instance)
    thanks

10. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

I tihnk u need to post this on the General Modification forum: very few people check down here!

When ur stuff is ready to go, I will hack it into Jinnerth's inventory like I did with Cujo's :)

11. Icy edge

Icy edge Jeet Kune Do

then i'll work on the several new armor textures i have in mind and once i'm done with everthing i'll zip em' up and post them in General Modification ready to be hacked into the short guy's inventory.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2006
  12. Lord_Spike

Lord_Spike Senior Member Veteran

The short guy? Who you callin' short?
    :p
    BTW, just in case you didn't notice...Ted always checks everything that's down under anywhere.
    :hug:

13. Icy edge

Icy edge Jeet Kune Do

it's 'the man who would be militia', jinnerith.
    what can i say, good search skills are good :p

Last edited: Apr 17, 2006
Our Host!