New Patch!

Discussion in 'News/Comments' started by Sol Invictus, Oct 8, 2004.

Remove all ads!
  1. Sol Invictus

Sol Invictus Beholder Watcher Veteran

The Circle of Eight has just released a new Fan Fixes patch, bringing it up to 3.0.4. You can grab it directly from here.

Here's the readme included with the patch.
    Thanks to Nomad Wanderer for making this possible.

2. Siglorel

Siglorel Member

Starting new parties with a figther

Does the released version of the patch contain the problem that the Beta release had?

There was a previously reported problem with new parties which contained a fighter - due to a fighter's starting equipment containing an non-existant item. Can you confirm that the released patch doesn't have this problem?

Thanks

3. zhuge

zhuge Established Member Veteran

Just downloaded it and found the installer to be last modified on 3rd October. Expected it to still contain the bugged start_equipment.mes, checked and indeed it is still the old bugged start_equipment.mes.

Please download the new start_equipment.mes posted by Nomad_Wanderer in the General Modification forum and replace the old start_equipment.mes:
    http://www.co8.org/forum/attachment.php?s=&postid=6056

Tried to warn Exitium of it and to hold off the upload to the main site but I think my message came a bit too late.

4. Siglorel

Siglorel Member

Known bug list

Can we get it added to the known bugs in the top message?

5. darkentrees

darkentrees Member

yeah I get a CDT too when starting a new game with patch 3.04... went back to 3.03 and can start up just fine. I'll try replacing the startup file as you all have suggested here - thanks!

6. darkentrees

darkentrees Member

Replaced the startup file and now everything is working fine - thanks guys! BTW, I'm running under XPsp2 with DX 9.0c just fine. The only things I have left is the crash on exit, and needing to use the 'C' key to loot.

7. majkeli

majkeli Member

Patch without installer?

I'm running TOEE on Linux with Cedega but the installer errors out. Is there any way to get the patch in a zip without the installer?

Thanks!

8. Martinius

Martinius Member

I think it would be better to add the over-ride equipment mes file in the installer for the final release.

Otherwise, this patch adds much more fun - I found some new spells compared to my previous play, I like the way the level cap is removed, while not unbalancing the game, and I like the new Burne "intellectual" quest.

Overall, for me the key issue was that where magic-users could utilize their additional xp points after achieving 10th level solely for enchanted items making, which made some sense, the poor non-magic classes simply could do nothing with their points - neither contribute them to the item making, nor become stronger. Now, we have the choice of how to develop the different classes after 10th level, with spellcasters being able to gain slots for metamagic-enhanced spells or make items, and being able to diversify a character's development - let's be serious, would you ever play a Bard/Rogue or Fighter/Paladin or the Monk/Other class combinations if the level cap was still 10?

So, excellent patch, much needed and much appreciated!

9. Draiden

Draiden Member

Confused

Is the new 3.0.4 patch supposed to replace the Circle of Eight Mod Pack 2.0.0?? I installed the 2nd official patch, and now I've got both the CoE Mod Pack ver. 2.0.0 & the new Fan-Fixes 3.0.4 patch sitting in my ToEE, neither of them yet installed. What should I do?

10. Siglorel

Siglorel Member

Patches

Use the 3.0.4 patch....

11. Draiden

Draiden Member

Oh

Okay, I get it: the newest Fan Fix is part of the same line of patches that the old 2.0 Mod Pack was part of; they just have different names, but they're in the same series. Just that I thought, from having gone to the downloads part of the main page, that the Mod Pack offered one thing (fogless towns, etc) & the Fan Fix offered more numerical fixes/rules/feats changes, etc. Perhaps it was because the mod pack was still up in the downloads section, althought it's now outdated, but the Fan Fix could only be retrieved from the latest headline, and that the readme files don't suggest that the two are related to one another. I get it now though; thanks.

12. Sol Invictus

Yeah, I um... I should probably get rid of the old version in the Mod area. I've been way busy lately.

13. Sol Invictus

bump bump bump

14. zhuge

zhuge Established Member Veteran

I've noticed that the start_equipment.mes from
    http://www.co8.org/files/patch/ToEE_Fan_Fixes_V3-0-4.zip
    has not been corrected yet.

As previous attachments may not work due to the recent forum down time, I am reuploading a copy of the old start_equipment.mes from v3.0.3. If your medium sized fighter and druid have items 11008 and 4236 in start_equipment.mes, then it is bugged and should be replaced using the start_equipment.mes posted as an attachment here.

Nomad has made the correction on his site but Exitium hasn't updated the files on the main site, so please use this address for download.
    http://home.rochester.rr.com/hold4nomad/ToEE_Fan_Fixes_V3-0-4.zip
    The files from this site have start_equipment.mes already corrected.

Attached Files:

15. Nc

Nc Member

o restored original tutorial weapons and deleted Spugnoir's extr feats

Well, if the two extra feat is Create XXXX(I reallly don't remember which two...), then I should say that it's a bit discouraging. The only NPC I take with me is him and that's all because he has these two extra feats. Or I would rather create a wizard rather than him. I've downloaded a beta version but I'm not sure whether I should download this one...only for this reason. Perhaps it sounds ridiculous, but I think the patch should do something to make these NPCs much more stronger so that the players may hire then, not decease their ability so poor already........

Our Host!