New Party

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by ertury92, Dec 23, 2017.

Remove all ads!
  1. ertury92

ertury92 Member

Hi guys! :) I'm arranging a new party for a ce playthrough.I have in mind to split evenly prestige classes between a LG and CE playthrough.For the ce party my idea is:mystic theurge,arcane trickster,assassin,barbarian,ranger,duelist,blackguard.The theurge will work as both cleric and wizard.I cannot decide between a rougue 10/duelist or fighter 10/duelist.Besides what about party balance? Is it too much light meele or dex oriented?Sorry for my bad english

2. Pygmy

Pygmy Established Member Supporter

I think your principal problem is that you have severely compromised the highest level of arcane spell you can cast by having 2 level-3 prestige class spell casters.Secondly 7 characters will cause the experience points to be spread very thinly slowing down advancement. Thirdly you appear to be further hindering the mystic theurge and arcane trickster with your crafting. Fourthly unless you have edited the blackguard class to include Rebuke Undead you seem to be stuck with level 4 (Cleric3 + Improved Turning) Rebuke Undead from your Mystic Theurge.

3. sigofmugmort

sigofmugmort Established Member Supporter

Try Blackguard, assassin, mystic theurge, with no more then 2 others possibly a ranger\dualist and if using temple+ divine soul

4. ertury92

ertury92 Member

I' ve tried before 7 pgs party and to me is doable.Arcan trickster will have 8 level spells and mystic theurge both level 9 cleric and wizard spells.Yes crafting could be too heavy on 2 pg but ranger could help in that regard.Favored soul could replace duelist to help crafting but I wanted to keep it for LG party.

Our Host!