My PALADIN wants to ROAR!!!

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by emo_ome, Jul 27, 2009.

Remove all ads!
  1. emo_ome

emo_ome Butcher Of Hommlet

My party is a Lawful Good... then I joined the "Drinking Contest" in the Welcome Wench...
    I just don't get it... why does my Paladin became fallen when he didn't even joined the contest...(it's like... "he is just sitting there.. watching his teammates... then all of a sudden... *Boom* instant Fallen Paladin(†)..)
    well it's my Rouge who joined the contest... *hick*:drunk:
    after my Paladin became fallen... I went to Terjon to bring my paladin back to normal...
    it cost me 10000 gold...:twitch:

hmmm.. I kinda know that i must act Lawfuly Good at all times... but... can it be possible that there are party members... that can act the wrong way...
    i mean... if there are things like this... there must be some considerations...

maybe some of you might tell me that "Don't use the Lawful Good Party then... instead use the Lawful Evil Party...":confused:

2. Ausdoerrt

Ausdoerrt Veteran Member

Thing is, reputations work for the party as a whole. So, basically, your whole party will have to act LG is completing quests, or the Paladin will fall. Can't negotiate with evil forces, no evil/chaotic behaviour, no slaughtering innocents. In short, if it's your first playthrough, don't use a paladin to get the most out of the game. I personally only used one on 3rd or 4th playthrough just to try it out, and it's not all that fun unless you like being an @$$hole (lol all the OOTS jokes about paladins apply).

3. Basil the Timid

Basil the Timid Dont Mention the War

Ah, but what if your party is NG and has a paladin..... Sorry, he falls too. I hear ya loud and clear emo_ome! Perhaps the dialog should have allowed paladins in the party to warn of some kind of consequence.

Thankfully, there is power word: RELOAD

4. realmzmaster

realmzmaster Established Member

The reason the paladin falls is because you are known by the company you keep. A paladin's reputation must be spotless. The paladin may adventure with those of any good or neutral alignment. The paladin can never knowingly associate with any evil alignment. If you have a paladin in the party expect to toe the line or watch the paladin fall, this includes any who adventure with the paladin. You know a character is going to difficult to role play when it only has one possible alignment. But, it can also be easy to role play because you know exactly what the character is has to do. Sorry but paladins do all their roaring in combat!

5. emo_ome

ok.. from now on...

i don't want a PALADIN in my party...:)evilgrin: good bye MR.NICE GUY!!!)

6. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

All it takes for evil to propser is for the paladins to sit drinking in the corner.

7. maalri

maalri Immortal

Here's an idea- what if you STARTED as a fighter- did the drinking contest, then dual classed as a Paladin? Would you still be fallen, or unable to become a Paladin because of the flag?

Just start a a LG Fighter- to like level 3- get a few extra Feats :)- then go Pally- and you'd STILL be a nice guy with almost the same abilities...

8. realmzmaster

realmzmaster Established Member

But if you want to do the temple quests do not have a paladin (even a dual class or multi class paladin) in your party. Certain quests require that the paladin serve evil, which is a no no.

9. GuardianAngel82

GuardianAngel82 Senior Member

Start as a LG cleric of Heironemus. Get the Longsword Focus. :thumbsup:

10. emo_ome

right..but maybe I'll try that on my next play-through...(hmmm... maybe when 5.6.0 is released)

(Suggestion)Can there be a new class.. a "BLACKGUARD??"... for fallen paladins...:dribble:

11. maalri

maalri Immortal

Yeah- but my way of "doing the Temple quests" is to.. kill'em all!! LOL :) They are bad, and I am the Hero and so, therefore, they die. Is the little bit of EXP really worth it anyway at that point? I know I never needed it...

GA- LOVED the idea of going with Heronious as the 1st level LG Cleric to get the Longsword Focus for free- good idea- the just become the Paladin after the drinking contest...

Last edited: Jul 29, 2009
  12. Basil the Timid

Basil the Timid Dont Mention the War

I for one, hope that Sitra will be able to recreate his Traders/Reactive-Temple mod. This really made it cool for those who choose Paladins. The Temple forces gather at key locations for major battles, rather than just kill 'em piece-meal.

Unfortunately, it is no longer available unless you kept an old copy.

Our Host!