Murlynd's Mods

Discussion in 'General Modification' started by Murlynd, Dec 18, 2013.

Remove all ads!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Murlynd

Murlynd The White Paladin

Greetings, since this is my first post I will try to make it a good one. :mrhappy:

I can confirm what zugschef says about XP not being given from instant death spells and that the kill does not show up in the logbook.

And that Sitra Achara gives the solution to the problem.

From gazra_1971, I found that the list of spells affected includes: Blasphemy, Circle of Death, Death Knell, Destruction, Dismissal, Finger of Death, Phantasmal Killer, Power Word Kill, Prismatic Spray, Slay Living, Undeath to Death, Weird, and Cloudkill.

The problem seems to involve all spells that use the death condition of critter_kill() or critter_kill_by_effect(). Cloudkill does have a similiar problem, even though it kill is different. (As zugschef pointed out!)
    If the spell is cast on a target that is not damaged by the game party from any source (including the spell), the game won't recognize the game party as the target's killer, and won't award XP or log the kill in the logbook. (As Sitra Achara pointed out!)

The solution is to have the spell deal damage before the critter_kill() or critter_kill_by_effect(). (Also from Sitra Achara!)
    http://www.co8.org/forum/showpost.php?p=101621&postcount=40

In my testing, the type and amount of damage does not matter for the XP to be awarded and the kill to be logged, just the damage itself will work. The damage can be 0 or any number and it does work on trolls and hydra (critters with regeneration).

For a fix, the following lines (in all spells that your game party can cast) need be added before the critter_kill() or critter_kill_by_effect() line:
    Code:
    # So you'll get awarded XP for the kill
    if not target_item.obj in game.leader.group_list():
    	target_item.obj.damage( game.leader , D20DT_UNSPECIFIED, dice_new( "1d1" ) )
    The following lines will deal 0 damage to the target and XP will be awarded if the spell kills the target. I only tested it in the Cloudkill spell and it seemed to work fine. However, use at own risk! :doh:
    Code:
    # added so you'll get awarded XP for the kill
    for target_item in spell.target_list:
    	if not target_item.obj in game.leader.group_list():
    		if target_item.obj.object_flags_get() & OF_INVULNERABLE == 0:
    			target_item.obj.object_flag_set(OF_INVULNERABLE)
    			target_item.obj.object_flag_unset(OF_INVULNERABLE)
    		else:
    I noticed in my testing that Disintegrate did not need a fix because the spell deals damage before killing the target. Also that Holy Word has a fix (Thanks SA!)

I am posting my fix for all these spells and if anyone notices any problems, just let me know! :help:
    ENJOY! :wave:

Attached Files:

2. Murlynd

I also have noticed this problem with spells that will end with the 'dismiss spell' action, but the 'dismiss spell' option will linger until remove it with Jaroo's spell permanency fix.

SalamionRye noted this problem too:
    http://www.co8.org/forum/showpost.php?p=122641&postcount=1

In my testing, the 'dismiss spell' problem occurs in the following spells:
    Blasphemy, Holy Word, Mass Hold Person, Mass Hold Monster, Power Word Blind, and Sunburst.

The problem in Mass Hold Person is that the 'sp-Hold Person' condition will end, but leave the lingering dismiss spell option.
    The problem in Blasphemy, Holy Word, and Mass Hold Monster is that the 'sp-Hold Monster' condition will end, but leave the lingering dismiss spell option.
    The problem in Holy Word, Power Word Blind, and Sunburst is that the 'sp-Blindness' condition will end, but leave the lingering dismiss spell option.
    A problem in Holy Word is that the 'sp-Deafness' condition will end, but leave the lingering dismiss spell option.
    BTW: Holy Word seems to have all three of the problems occuring at once.

I tested that the 'sp-Deafness' can be replaced with 'sp-Shout' to remove the dismiss spell option. :headfones
    I tested that the 'sp-Blindness' can be replaced with 'sp-Glitterdust Blindness' to remove the dismiss spell option. :cool:
    I don't have any solution for the 'sp-Hold Person' or 'sp-Hold Monster'. I did try:
    Code:
    # HTN - apply condition HALT (Petrified)
    target_item.obj.condition_add_with_args( 'sp-Command', spell.id, spell.duration, 4 )
    It worked but it does not give the 'Held' status. :hug:

I am posting my fixes for Power Word Blind and Sunburst. They go in '\\Temple of Elemental Evil\data\scr\'.
    Do NOT forget to back up your original files!
    HOWEVER, I have made some changes to Sunburst for RAW testing. It is not perfect, but it does work! :eyebrow:
    I made the following changes to Sunburst:
    - I changed the blindness effect to 'sp-Glitterdust Blindness'. (same as in Power Word Blind)
    - I gave the spell the effect of: the destruction of any undead creature (Bodak, Nightwalker) specifically harmed by bright light if it fail its save.
    - I gave the spell the effect of: a creature (orc, half-orc, kobold, and drow) to which sunlight is harmful or unnatural takes double damage.

Please, please, let me know what you think of it!

ENJOY! :beer:

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 26, 2013
  3. Murlynd

I had noticed a small bug in 8.0.1 NC and it involves 00446earthcombat.dlg.

The problem occurs if you kill the Earth Troop Commander and then activate the reactive Earth Temple status.
    SPOILER:
    You can activate the reactive Earth Temple status by just leaving ToEE Level 1 after killing him.
    Next your party goes to the Earth Temple and chats with the gate keeper. With the right dialog choices, he will let you in and start a new dialog. You can just leave, attack, talk to Romag, talk to Hartsch (underpriest), or talk to the Troop Commander.
    If you didn't kill the Troop Commander, the dialog choices will be fine. However if you did kill the Troop Commander and then select "I would like to speak with the Troop Commander.", your party's dialog with the gate keeper ends and you are dumped in the Earth Temple.
    Your party is unable to leave the Earth Temple, unless you talk to Romag or Hartsch, or attack and kill them all!
    If you talk to Romag or Hartsch and don't anger them, the gate keeper will start a new dialog with your game party, when you end the dialog with Romag or Hartsch. You can just select to leave.

I have attached a fix for this problem, but only I have tested it so please let me know if it works OK for you! :poke:
    ENJOY! :drunk:

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 20, 2013
  4. Sitra Achara

Sitra Achara Senior Member

Re: Circle of Eight Modpack v8 / v8 NC Bug Report Thread

Nice catch, thank you Murlynd. :thumbsup:

5. Murlynd

I had a question on a bug concerning Mordenkainen's Sword as noted here:

http://www.co8.org/forum/showpost.php?p=111368&postcount=104
    (Thanks teh_beard!)

Was this problem missed? :shrug:
    If it was, I am posting a quick fix.

ENJOY! :grin:

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 23, 2013
  6. Murlynd

I have one more bug to fix that had been bothering me. :google:

There are several feats in the feat list from the inventory screen that are missing tags or are directing to the wrong screen in the Help file. :help:

The feats with missing tags are Craft Staff, Far Shot, Forge Ring, Improved Uncanny Dodge, Archery Style, Diamond Body, Abundant Step, Diamond Soul, Quivering Palm, Empty Body, and Perfect Self.

The feats with incorrect tags are Ki Strike, Two Weapon Fighting Ranger, Two Weapon Fighting Style.

Several feats needed their tags to be improved and they are Turn Undead, Simple Weapon Proficiency Druid, Simple Weapon Proficiency Monk, Simple Weapon Proficiency Rogue, Simple Weapon Proficiency Wizard, Simple Weapon Proficiency Elf, and Simple Weapon Proficiency Bard.

I am posting my fix for all of this. The file needs to go in "\\Temple of Elemental Evil\data\rules\". You shouldn't have to back anything up, but check just in case!

BTW: I did notice that Far Shot, Diamond Body, Abundant Step, Diamond Soul, Quivering Palm, Empty Body, and Perfect Self do not yet have a description in the Help file, but I will include the fix for those future Help additions.

ENJOY! :rock:

Attached Files:

7. Murlynd

Murlynd's new spells

I would like to give a present to the Co8 community for all to enjoy. :joy:

I have several new spells to submit for playtesting. The spells are:
    Atonement
    Banishment
    Control Undead
    Dictum
    Fire Storm
    Meteor Swarm
    Wail of the Banshee
    Word of Chaos

CREDITS:
    dolio, I give full credit to dolio for Banishment and Wail of the Banshee even though these two included spells are original (Honest! I admit that I did peek at his spells after I was almost done!)
    Jesse Heinig and to all Co8 modders who worked on Holy Word and Blasphemy, I take NO credit at all for Dictum and Word of Chaos. They are the result of the community's hard work (not mine), thanks everyone!!

NOTE: These spells have only been tested by me in ToEE 8.0.1 NC, I need to have your input on them for any possible errors.

SPELL DESCRIPTIONS
    Atonement: This spell is as NOTED in the SRD. Since, in ToEE clerics and druids cannot lose their spell powers and any class cannot change their alignment, this leaves only one use for Atonement, to restore the class of fallen paladins. As I have implemented it, only clerics and druids of good deities and St. Cuthbert can atone a fallen paladin. Any deity suggestions are welcomed of course!

Banishment: This spell is as NOTED in the SRD. As I have implemented it, the spell performs as per RAW. The addition of common/rare items (which the target hates, fears, or otherwise opposes) that can boost the spell has only been partially successful. If anyone can find a way to give a bonus on the caster level check against spell resistance, please fix the spell. Any suggestions for the items are welcomed of course!

Control Undead: This spell too is as NOTED in the SRD and performs as per RAW. There are two notes.
    First Note: The spell functions as rebuke undead, so the number of controlled undead cannot exceed the number of AI followers (10).
    Second Note: The spell cannot be ended by the caster, but will end after its duration expires.

Dictum: (as NOTED in the SRD) This spell functions as per RAW. (What's that noise, sounds like a hymn with a holy word?)

Fire Storm: (as NOTED in the SRD) This spell is my best interpretation of trying to get an area of effect (AoE) for two 10-ft. cubes per caster level. I decided to use an AoE of a rectangle of 10 x 20 ft. (two squares) centered on a target (imagine a propeller blade of an airplane). Since you cannot place this rectangle, its position is determined randomly for 1 of 4 possible rotations on the target. Trying to give an AoE with multiple squares each rotated on each other is the work of the gods (no way I am going to try do that!). I definitely need your input, if I got any of the area lengths incorrect! ToEE's coordinate system is such a pain! Please let me know what you think of this.
    Note on Fire Storm usage: The spell uses multi-targeting of a single target per caster level. You can select the target multiple times, but the AoE is still randomly determined. The easiest way to envision this is as the vertical or horizontal axis of a cross '+' or as one of the two 45 deg. axis of an 'x'. One target selection (one AoE rectangle) will be placed on only one of these axes. Multiple AoE's that stack or overlap have no effect on the amount of damage done, however they might increase the total AoE. Then the spell would sort of be like a heightened/empowered Fireball.
    Note: I could not implement the effect of "The raging flames do not harm any plant creatures in the area that you wish to exclude from damage.", sorry it was all or nothing!

Meteor Swarm: From NOTES in the SRD, The Big Boom! Need I say more, the spell functions per RAW, but there are two notes.
    First Note: The targeting system uses ToEE's multi-targets, so must select a single creature for each meteor. You cannot select an area or location as a target.
    Second Note: Per RAW, Meteor Swarm creates 4 projectiles for each casting of the spell. However, ToEE's targeting for multi-targets does allow the caster to end the projectiles early. I am assuming that if the caster uses less then 4 projectiles, the unused meteors are simply launched into unoccupied areas (into outer space, sorry, wrong direction!).

Wail of the Banshee: (as NOTED in the SRD) This spell functions as intended by RAW. (Whoa! Turn down that racket, yells dad!)

Word of Chaos: (as NOTED in the SRD) There is always a problem child in the group and this spell is the pain! I could only get the spell to function partially according to RAW. The death, stun, and deafness effects work fine, but there is a problem with Confusion (REALLY!). The spell will end early if it is stacked with the spell's other two effects, stun and deafness! I could not get the three effects to stack and stay put (bad dog!), so I did not stack the confusion with the stun and deafness effects. A fix is definitely needed! (Where's that blasphemous kid!)

For the effects of two of these spells, I also have a sneaky gift that only concerns your game party. Highlight to view:
    The Rings of Fire Resistance, Major and Minor, are very useful for reducing unintended fire damage.

SPELL SOUNDS, TEXT DESCRIPTIONS, and HELP.TAB SUGGESTIONS
    I have included my additions for the spells sounds in snd_spells.mes.
    I have also included my additions for the spell text descriptions in spell.mes.
    I have updated the spell tags in spell_enum.mes.
    Lastly, I have updated the help.tab help file with these spells.

ADDITIONS:
    1) snd_spells.mes also contains my sound suggestions for Destruction, Modify Memory, Mislead, and Sunburst. (Sunburst has it's sound start at the beginning of the spell, so the spell can explode silently on effect. You can guess what the projectile sound is!)
    2) spell.mes also contains my text suggestions for Modify Memory and Sunburst.
    3) spell_enum.mes also contains the spell tags for Mislead, Modify Memory and Sunburst.
    4) help.tab also contains my suggestions for Destruction, Modify Memory, Mislead, and Sunburst. Also, I fixed the spell links for Chain Lightning and True Seeing. I rearranged the level layout of Chain Lightning. Fixed a typo (a hyphen not appearing) in Tenser's Transformation. Fixed a typo (defeaned) in Holy Word. Fixed a missing Evil Domain link in Blasphemy. Added a spell descriptor for Blasphemy. Added Cleric and Destruction Domain tags for Harm.

I am attaching my spellbook supplement zip file which contains everything.
    Also I am attaching a zip file that contains just my suggestions for sounds, descriptions, and help.tab changes for Co8 current spells only. (See above ADDITIONS)

All files in a zip (except the Readme.txt) need to be extracted in '...\Temple of Elemental Evil\'. Do NOT forget to backup your files! Only help.tab, spell.mes, spell_enum.mes, and snd_spells.mes need to backed up.

Any opinions/suggestions on possible errors is definitely desired. Please let me know what you think of all this! :blahblah:

ENJOY! :evil_laug

Attached Files:

8. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

Re: Murlynd's new spells

Nice work :clap:

9. Murlynd

I had noticed a minor detail bug with the A Cure For Amii quest.
    After you found the Swamp Lotus and return to talk to Jaroo, Jaroo takes the flower and at the end of his dialog, he tells Amii to "Run home girl! Your parents will be overjoyed to see you again!".
    However, I have noticed that Amii does NOT run off. She stays next to Jaroo.
    Is this just my game or is this intentional?
    Jaroo's dialog (00012jaroo.dlg) and script (py00012jaroo.py) does have Amii run off!
    If this is a bug, I am posting a quick fix.

ENJOY! :X

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 31, 2013
  10. Murlynd

I have been on a bug hunt and I have noticed a few dialog errors and inconsistencies. :scratchhe

1) When you ask both Burne and Otis about "Interested in trading?", they say to see their assistants and mention "He can help you.". However both assistants are female (so says the protos.tab). BTW: Mother Screng's dialog for her assistant is correct. :chick:
    2) The widow Mathilde was 3 misspellings in her dialog. She says or you reply with "Fillken" instead of "Filliken". (They are hard to notice!)
    3) If you complete the Grud's Fish Story quest and then chat with Preston Wetz about "Grud said he could get me in good with the villagers here. Did he talk to you?", he will continue his dialog. Next you ask "What do you do in town here?", he will mention about his toothache and one of your responses will be "Is there no one in town who can with your toothache?". Your response should be "Is there no one in town who can help with your toothache?". :biggergri
    4) The next inconsistency involves Hommlet's signpost. If you are on the fourth or fifth page of the signpost and click on BACK, you are jumped back two pages, not one! (The other pages are fine.)
    5) This last problem deals with Riana. If you complete the Madam Ophelia's Weakest Link quest with Riana, but NOT the Gypsy Road quest (no Serena in party and she was not dismissed), Riana's dialog will be fine. You can let Riana join and then dismiss her. However, if you go to Mona's place and chat with her, she will join your party again. (I thought that she would only join once.) Once you complete the Gypsy Road quest, and then take Serena and let her go, Riana will not join your party then. The second part of this problem occurs if you first complete the Gypsy Road quest (no Riana in party and she was not dismissed) and then let Serena join and let her go. If you have completed the Madam Ophelia's Weakest Link quest with Riana, Riana will not join your party, and she stays at the Snake Pit. I don't know if this was intentional or not? I will post a fix for this that will allow Riana to join your group if Serena was already dismissed and prevent her from rejoining after she was dismissed (with no Serena dismissed). :chainsaw:
    I am posting all these dialog fixes and one script fix for Riana.
    ENJOY! :yes:

Attached Files:

11. gazra_1971

gazra_1971 Knights of Legend

I didn't really understand Murlynd's "Who's on first?" skit (it gave me a headache), but my experience has always been that Riana won't join my adventuring party unless both:
    1. my party alignment isn't Lawful Good; and
    2. Serena is in my party first.

I'm just telling you of my experiences with trying to recruit Riana.

Murlynd, we all appreciate the sterling work that you are doing to mop up the bugs in The Circle of Eight Modpack. On behalf of all of the fans of this computer game and modpack, thank you.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2014
  12. Murlynd

Sorry about the confusion with Riana's problem, gazra_1971. :no:

This is the san_dialog section from py00100riana.py script as it is now:

Code:
    def san_dialog( attachee, triggerer ):
    	attachee.turn_towards(triggerer)
    	if (attachee.leader_get() != OBJ_HANDLE_NULL):
    		triggerer.begin_dialog( attachee, 170 )
    	elif (game.global_flags[931] == 1):
    		triggerer.begin_dialog( attachee, 10011 )
    	elif (not attachee.has_met(triggerer)):
    		triggerer.begin_dialog( attachee, 1 )
    	else:
    		triggerer.begin_dialog( attachee, 20 )
    	return SKIP_DEFAULT
    game.global_flags[931] is the flag for "Serena disbanded (deactivates first Serena and activates Serena at Mona's)".
    game.global_flags[930] is the flag for "Riana disbanded (deactivates first Riana and activates Riana at Mona's)".

I believe that Riana has the wrong flag set.
    My fix was to change the flags from 931 to 930 in py00100riana.py. As here:

Code:
    def san_dialog( attachee, triggerer ):
    	attachee.turn_towards(triggerer)
    	if (attachee.leader_get() != OBJ_HANDLE_NULL):
    		triggerer.begin_dialog( attachee, 170 )
    	elif (game.global_flags[930] == 1):
    		triggerer.begin_dialog( attachee, 10011 )
    	elif (not attachee.has_met(triggerer)):
    		triggerer.begin_dialog( attachee, 1 )
    	else:
    		triggerer.begin_dialog( attachee, 20 )
    	return SKIP_DEFAULT
    This effect would give Riana's dialog to perform like Serena's dialog.
    Hope this helps! :dizzy:

BTW: Riana has always joined my group no matter what my party alignment is. (And I always prefer to get to second base, at least!)

Last edited: Jan 2, 2014
  13. Murlynd

I have noticed some errors in 2 spells: Analyze Dweomer and Eyebite :suprised:
    Analyze Dweomer, as noted in the SRD, has a focus of "A tiny lens of ruby or sapphire set in a small golden loop. The gemstone must be worth at least 1,500 gp.".

The error (8th line) is in this section from the Spell005 - Analyze Dweomer.py script:
    Code:
    def OnSpellEffect ( spell ):
    	print "Analyze Dweomer OnSpellEffect"
    	remove_list = []
    	spell.duration = spell.caster_level * 10
    	if len(spell.target_list) == 1 and spell.target_list[0]== spell.caster:
    		pass
    	else:	
    		if spell.caster.money_get()>= [COLOR="Yellow"]100000[/COLOR]:
    			for t in spell.target_list:
    				game.particles( 'sp-Identify', t.obj)
    				t.obj.identify_all()
    		else: 
    			spell.caster.float_mesfile_line('mes\\spell.mes', 16009)	
    		remove_list.append(target_item.obj)
    	spell.target_list.remove_list(remove_list)
    	if find_spell_obj_with_flag(spell.caster, 6400, OSF_IS_ANALYZE_DWEOMER) == OBJ_HANDLE_NULL:
    		spell_obj = game.obj_create( 6400, spell.caster.location)
    		set_spell_flag(spell_obj, OSF_IS_ANALYZE_DWEOMER)
    		spell_obj.item_condition_add_with_args('Skill Circumstance Bonus', skill_spellcraft, 20)
    		spell.caster.item_get(spell_obj)		
    		spell.num_of_targets = 1
    		spell.target_list[0].obj = spell.caster
    		spell.caster.condition_add_with_args('sp-Endurance', spell.id, spell.duration, 0)
    	else:
    		spell.caster.float_mesfile_line('mes\\spell.mes', 16007)
    		spell.spell_end(spell.id)
    If the effect was to have the money (instead of the focus), the value should be 150000. If not, I don't know what this line is for! :confused:

Eyebite, as noted in the SRD, is a Bard Level 6 spell and has a casting time of "1 standard action".

However there are two errors (3rd and 8th line) in the 161 - Eyebite.txt rule:
    Code:
    School: Necromancy
    Descriptor: Evil
    Level: Brd [COLOR="Yellow"]5[/COLOR]
    Level: Wiz 6
    Level: Sor 6
    Component: V
    Component: S
    Casting Time: [COLOR="Yellow"]Full Round[/COLOR]
    Range: Close
    Saving Throw: Fortitude
    Spell Resistance: Yes
    Projectile: No
    flags_Target: Range
    inc_flags_Target: Other
    exc_flags_Target: Self
    exc_flags_Target: Dead
    exc_flags_Target: Non-critter
    mode_Target: Multi
    mode_Target: End Early Multi
    min_Target: 1
    max_Target: -020
    radius_Target: 0
    ai_type: ai_action_offensive
    The Bard level should be 6 and the casting time should be "1 action". :headfones

These are the errors I have noticed, but I have also noticed a problem (maybe) with Eyebite's script.
    This is the problem (4th line) section from Spell161 - Eyebite.py script:
    Code:
    		# saving throw unsuccessful
    		target.float_mesfile_line('mes\\spell.mes', 30002)

print target, "is shaken"	# shaken
    		target.condition_add_with_args('[COLOR="Red"]sp-Emotion Despair[/COLOR]', spell_id, duration, 0)

if (target.hit_dice_num < 5):
    			print target, "is comatose"	# comatose
    			#target.condition_add_with_args( 'sp-Command', spell.id, spell.duration, 4 )
    			target.condition_add_with_args('sp-Tashas Hideous Laughter', spell_id, duration, 0)
    		elif (target.hit_dice_num < 10):
    			print target, "is panicked"	# panicked
    			target.condition_add_with_args('sp-Fear', spell_id, game.random_range(1,4), 0)
    When I cast Eyebite, the comatose and panicked conditions work fine, but the sickened (not shaken) condition leaves the spellcaster with a 'Concentrating' status. I realize this is from the Crushing Despair spell effect ('sp-Emotion Despair'), but if the spellcaster's concentration is broken or ended, the sickened condition will end. According to Eyebite, the sickened condition should last for 10 minutes per caster level. (And you cannot end it!)
    I have found that if I changed the Crushing Despair spell effect to the Doom spell effect ('sp-Doom'), the 'Concentrating' status will be removed and the target will be sickened! In my testing, the Doom spell does not give the shaken status, but the sickened status! I need your opinions and your testing results to confirm this! :yes:

I am posting the fixes for the errors from above (Spell005 - Analyze Dweomer.py & 161 - Eyebite.txt) and my Eyebite script change (Spell161 - Eyebite.py) for testing. Please let me know if there are any problems!

ENJOY! :evilgrin:

Attached Files:

14. Murlynd

I have noticed some more errors in each of these spells: Mass Cure Light Wounds, Mass Cure Moderate Wounds, Mass Cure Serious Wounds, and Mass Cure Critical Wounds. :angry:

First, Cure Light Wounds, Mass, as noted in the SRD, has the line of "You channel positive energy to cure 1d8 points of damage +1 point per caster level (maximum +25) in each selected creature."

The error (7th line) is in this section from the Spell221 - Healing Circle.py (Cure Light Wounds, Mass) script:
    Code:
    def OnSpellEffect ( spell ):
    	check = 0
    	check = check_for_protection_from_spells (spell.target_list, check)
    	print "Healing Circle OnSpellEffect"

remove_list = []

dice = dice_new( '1d8' )
    	dice.bonus = min( [COLOR="Yellow"]20[/COLOR], spell.caster.stat_level_get( spell.caster_class ) )

#	game.particles( 'sp-Healing Circle', spell.target_loc )

game.particles( 'sp-Cure Light Wounds', target_item.obj )

# heal allies, hurt undead
    		if target_item.obj.is_category_type( mc_type_undead ):

# allow Fortitude saving throw for half
    			if target_item.obj.saving_throw_spell( spell.dc, D20_Save_Fortitude, D20STD_F_NONE, spell.caster, spell.id ):
    				# saving throw succesful, damage target, 1/2 damage
    				target_item.obj.float_mesfile_line( 'mes\\spell.mes', 30001 )

target_item.obj.spell_damage_with_reduction( spell.caster, [COLOR="LemonChiffon"]D20DT_POSITIVE_ENERGY[/COLOR], dice, D20DAP_UNSPECIFIED, DAMAGE_REDUCTION_HALF, D20A_CAST_SPELL, spell.id )
    			else:
    				# saving throw unsuccesful, damage target, full damage
    				target_item.obj.float_mesfile_line( 'mes\\spell.mes', 30002 )

target_item.obj.spell_damage( spell.caster, [COLOR="LemonChiffon"]D20DT_POSITIVE_ENERGY[/COLOR], dice, D20DAP_UNSPECIFIED, D20A_CAST_SPELL, spell.id )
    The maximum value for the dice bonus should be 25. ;)

The errors in Mass Cure Moderate Wounds, Mass Cure Serious Wounds, and Mass Cure Critical Wounds are all the same.
    Each spell is as noted in the SRD. They all deal damage, as Mass Cure Light Wounds (See above section!), with 'positive energy'.

The errors (7th & 11th line) are in this section from the Spell577 - Mass Cure Moderate Wounds.py (Cure Moderate Wounds, Mass) script:
    Code:
    # check if target is undead
    if target.is_category_type( mc_type_undead ):
    	# check saving throw, damage target
    	if target.saving_throw_spell( spell.dc, D20_Save_Will, D20STD_F_NONE, spell.caster, spell.id ):
    		target.float_mesfile_line( 'mes\\spell.mes', 30001 )

# saving throw succesful, damage target, 1/2 damage
    		target.spell_damage_with_reduction( spell.caster, [COLOR="Yellow"]D20DT_NEGATIVE_ENERGY[/COLOR], dice, D20DAP_UNSPECIFIED, DAMAGE_REDUCTION_HALF, D20A_CAST_SPELL, spell.id )
    	else:
    		target.float_mesfile_line( 'mes\\spell.mes', 30002 )

# saving throw unsuccesful, damage target, full damage
    		target.spell_damage( spell.caster, [COLOR="Yellow"]D20DT_NEGATIVE_ENERGY,[/COLOR] dice, D20DAP_UNSPECIFIED, D20A_CAST_SPELL, spell.id )
    The damage dealt to undead should be D20DT_POSITIVE_ENERGY. :giggle:
    Mass Cure Serious Wounds and Mass Cure Critical Wounds have the exact same errors as noted above.

I am posting the fixes for all these mass cure spells, please let me know if there are any problems!

ENJOY! :icon_chuc

Attached Files:

15. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

Pssst - ToEE is level capped to 20. But thanks for the other fixes.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Our Host!