(movement) Speed

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Dig314, Aug 26, 2010.

Remove all ads!
  1. Dig314

Dig314 Member

I have a Human Fighter 6 / Rogue 1 that for some reason has a movement speed of 10. This is half the base speed of dwarfs. In tactical combat, he spends one or two turns getting into melee range.

What could have caused his movement speed to drop ? He is unencumbered, and he is not sneaking. My theory is I had him sneak one time and turned it off, but the game treats him as if he is sneaking. If I load an old save, his movement speed is the normal 30.

Dig

2. Ranth

Ranth Established Member

Does he have sicknesses on him (look at the portrait) that reduce his strength or dex?

3. Dig314

Dig314 Member

He does not appear to have sickness or disease. Regarding strength, he is wearing a belt of Giant Strength +6, so that stat is currently 24.

Dig

4. gazra_1971

gazra_1971 Knights of Legend

Dig314, can you take a screenshot (by pressing the Print Screen button on your keyboard; the key is just called PrtScn on my keyboard) of the inventory and statistics of your afflicted character and then post it up in this thread for analysis? Include your character's portrait (it's at the bottom left of the screen) in your image as well.

Last edited: Aug 30, 2010
  5. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

Try unequipping and re-equipping his armor if you haven't already.

6. Dig314

Dig314 Member

Sceenshot attached.
    Movement Speed of 10.

Dig

Attached Files:

7. Ank

Ank Established Member

Happened to me once; it was caused by acid fog spell that i cast in one battle, i fixed an elven druid with speed 5 :)
    How : u go to jaroo ask him about reincarnation->spel permancy problem, and then have him target the person in question ; wait a bit till that person gets killed and then revived with normal stats again for free; it also cured a barbarian with a similar problem that aparently' had no spell permancy issues or have anything suspicious except an unresonable speed of 15
    It's late but i hope it helps you at least in the future

8. Dig314

Dig314 Member

Thank you Ank.
    I will give it try.

Dig

Our Host!