more Quest help more spoilers inside

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by tom, Jun 10, 2012.

Remove all ads!
  1. tom

tom Established Member

Hello all, a request for help.

MAJOR SPOILER ALERT

It is probably just me but I can’t get the later nc quests to start up.
    I know there is an outline in the walkthrough but it does not give enough information for me to start get going.
    What quests NC are there for good characters?
    Who do I need to talk to? Where do I find them? What must I do / have done to prompt the quest?
    - I have bought the castle of the lords. its haunted. I have tried talking to the ghosts and have had no success. What should I be doing?

- I have spoken to the viscount and have found and killed the slavers. Does the viscount have any more quests?

- I have seen mention here of a what I think might be two lesser find the bad guy quests how do I start them?

-
    - How do I start the war of the golden skull?

- I have seen mention here of a dwarf with a quest where do I find him?

All help gratefully appreciated.

ps just read the thread bellow. gremich ? prince zooks gem? rabbit hole?

2. tom

tom Established Member

pps Whats a monster mash?

3. EyesOfAsia

EyesOfAsia Member

SPOILERS AHEAD!

1. U have to talk with 3 ghosts, u can do that by starting the combat and hitting the ghost and after a combat round an attacked ghost will initiate a dialogue.
    2. No more quests from him after the slave traders' annihilation.
    3. Talk with one of guard captains in the building next to the Verbo City Hall.
    4. In Hommlet enter the building where the Town Elder is.
    5. After completion of the War of the Golden Skull, the dwarf (Fireforge) will spawn in the Welcome Wench Inn in Hommlet.
    Verbobonc quests:

The Rabbit Hole (I believe that you talk to Prince Zook IV (Gnome Prince) in the Gnome Quarter). The Rabbit Hole is only accessible through a secret door near one of the staircases in the lower level of The Castle of the Lords. The rabbit hole requires a search skill of 15 or greater. You also have to have gotten the quest to find Prince Zook's gem.

The Gremlich (this quest will only trigger after you either complete the 'Monster Mash' quest or get the Hextor Rat reputation) (talk to one of the guards outside city hall. Then talk to Mona (her home is the building next to Ah Fong's shop in Nulb). Then talk to Uncle Orrengaard III in the Rabbit Hole to find out how to kill the Gremlich. The Rabbit Hole is only accessible through a secret door near one of the staircases in the lower level of The Castle of the Lords. The Gremlich teases you a few times before attacking (so just exit the random encounters where you encounter nothing but hear screaming))

War of the Golden Skull quests:

Tools of the Trade (Fireforge is initially in the Inn of the Welcome Wench in Hommlet. Once Dwarf Fireforge has travelled to Verbobonc, he is in Verbobonc during the day, outside your castle by that small outbuilding that's right next to the ledge over the river)

Of Castles and Quarries (talk to Fireforge twice. The quarry is added to the world map the second time that you talk to Fireforge. Fireforge is initially in the Inn of the Welcome Wench in Hommlet. Once Dwarf Fireforge has travelled to Verbobonc, he is in Verbobonc during the day, outside your castle by that small outbuilding that's right next to the ledge over the river

Edit: Monster Mash is a quest, u can initiate it by talking with a Cannon of Pelor in the Pelor's Cathedral in Verbo.

4. sirchet

sirchet Force for Goodness Moderator Supporter

The top right corner of every page of this forum offers a Search feature.

I've found that if I open this feature and type in a few key words, ie ... dwarf, WotGS, ghosts at the castle, or anything else relevant the search feature will give me a list of threads where folks have answered these questions already, (and some in quite a bit of detail).

This way also gives me the answer now as apposed to waiting for someone to answer a post, especially when the post asks a question that has been asked many times. ;)

In summation; Search = answers now
    Posting a question = waiting and hoping

Our Host!