More Domains

Discussion in 'General Modification' started by Nerilond, Nov 28, 2016.

Remove all ads!
Tags:
  1. Nerilond

Nerilond Member

I'll be honest, I've no modding experience whatsoever with ToEE, but I really want to get those domains that a bunch of "hidden" deities grant. It feels wrong having to use console commands to use them.

I want to add Old Faith, Zuggtmoy, Iuz, Lolth, Procan, Norebo, Pyremeus and Ralishaz to the list of available deities during character creation. I think this will add more replayability and further customization to the beloved clerics!

Question is, wat do? I'm guessing the "deity.mes" file might have what I want to change, but I'm not sure what software might be able to change it.

2. Allyx

Allyx Master Crafter Global Moderator Supporter

.mes files can be edited in Notepad, or with Phalzyr's ProtoEd from our downloads/tools section though I know you won't achieve what you hope to do by editing that file alone.

Deity specific cleric abilities are hardcoded, the positive/negative energy, available domains, favoured weapon etc are all written directly in Temple.dll - deity.mes just contains the deities name, and possibly a description of the deities usual follower types, favoured weapons, domains etc... but altering the details within will only be purely cosmetic.

With luck, @Sitra Achara and the rest of the Temple+ team of developers will add the necessary code to add custom/additional deities with Temple+, but that depends on their own priorities and the ease of performing such modifications.

3. Nerilond

Nerilond Member

Whoa, thanks for the fast response! I looked up Temple+ very briefly, so it's an engine enhancement mod? Won't it conflict with Co8? Maybe that remains to be seen, but I'm a bit (pleasantly) surprised to see a new effort for such an old game like this. Thanks for telling me about it, will definitely keep an eye on it.

But about the deities, I shouldn't even try fiddling with things I've no understanding of.

EDIT: Looked into Temple+ more, looks amazing! I'm so glad this is a thing! Looks like it works fine with 8.1.0 NC.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2016
  4. Allyx

Allyx Master Crafter Global Moderator Supporter

Yep, it will autodetect the version of ToEE you are using, Vanilla, Co8 NC and Standard, and KotB are currently supported (though KotB hasn't been tested thoroughly iirc), and in future, the Icewind Dale conversion mod too.

Our Host!