More buggy ass spells

Discussion in 'Negative Energy Plane' started by Sol Invictus, Sep 28, 2003.

Remove all ads!
  1. Sol Invictus

Sol Invictus Beholder Watcher Veteran

Keen Edge is permanent. I think it suffers from the same problem as Magic Weapon, Greater MW and Magic Vestment.

Touch spells don't wear off. At least not until you 'use' them. They should wear off whether you use them or not in the alotted amount of 'duration'. I think I've mentioned this before, sorry.

Ice Storm is supposed to do 5d6 damage for several rounds but it only does it once for me. It has to last longer.

Produce Flame is permanent and works on any monster -whether he's in the LOS or not! It should wear off after +5 or something like that.

2. Wilson

Wilson Member

Haven't got the time to test this further, but i think Ice Storm works "normally" (dealing damage every round) when it comes to "friendly fire". Weird.

3. Xma

Xma Member

Same impression here... Ice Storm will affect your party members for some rounds, but enemies will only be affected once, at casting time.

4. Xma

Xma Member

Oh, and btw, i remember learning Fireball via a scroll, that put it as a 5-th level spell :eek:

5. olaf

olaf Member

Entangle seems broken to me. It lasts forever (not literally, but like 120 rounds) and break free does nothing, so anyone entangled stays that way.

olaf

6. Chris Woods

Chris Woods Member

3.5 SRD:

Ice Storm
    Evocation [Cold]
    Level: Drd 4, Sor/Wiz 4, Water 5
    Components: V, S, M/DF
    Casting Time: 1 standard action
    Range: Long (400 ft. + 40 ft./level)
    Area: Cylinder (20-ft. radius, 40 ft. high)
    Duration: 1 full round
    Saving Throw: None
    Spell Resistance: Yes
    Great magical hailstones pound down for 1 full round, dealing 3d6 points of bludgeoning damage and 2d6 points of cold damage to every creature in the area. A –4 penalty applies to each Listen check made within the ice storm’s effect, and all land movement within its area is at half speed. At the end of the duration, the hail disappears, leaving no aftereffects (other than the damage dealt).
    Arcane Material Component: A pinch of dust and a few drops of water.

Icestorm does work right. It's more tactical then a nuke spell.

Fireball scribing at level 5 has already been fixed

Chris Woods

Our Host!