Mma

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Necroticpus, Oct 12, 2010.

Remove all ads!
  1. Necroticpus

Necroticpus Cthulhu Ftaghn!

James Toney, the big, fat heavyweight boxing champion decided to throw himself into the UFC. :roll:

This joker thought he was just going to roll in and take over, sweeping every fighter under the rug by knockout in the first round. Pffffftttttt. In his first fight, he got smoked by a hundred year old UFC veteran, Randy Couture.

I don't know what makes these guys believe they are going to just trailblaze through MMA veterans when they only know how to do one thing in the beginning. Brock Lesnar had the same issue starting up and he got submitted by Frank Mir. Although, I will say that Brock Lesnar is now unbeatable after that first fight. James Toney, unless he quickly loses 100 pounds or so, is going to get completely waxed by Brock at UFC 121. This guy is just another Kimbo Slice, except without the heart of a lion. I don't like him nor will I ever like him.

2. General Ghoul

General Ghoul Established Member

I thought Toney got cut after that first fight, Dana White said no more over the hill boxers.

3. Necroticpus

Necroticpus Cthulhu Ftaghn!

Did he really? I didn't see that. I'll have to look tonight and see what I can find on youtube. I hope he did cut him because he just doesn't have what it takes to survive in the MMA ring.

4. Covax

Covax Member

I'm a huge MMA fan and the Toney fight was one of the most ridiculous things I've ever seen. Better boxers were getting beaten up by lesser MMA fighers back at UFC 1. What were they thinking?

Maybe it will do something for Randy's acting career? He could use the help.

As for Brock Lesnar, I don't think he's unbeatable. My money is on Cain Velasquez next weekend, though I wouldn't be shocked no matter which way that fight goes. Cain is better at everything than Brock but smaller and faster.

Expect to see Brock get taken down and have nothing to offer off his back.

Our Host!