"misterious" itens

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Avatar_do_Grafite, Apr 2, 2009.

Remove all ads!
  1. Avatar_do_Grafite

Avatar_do_Grafite Established Member

Ok, the Unicorn Ring we all know that makes nothing except being a expensive magic item. But there are some other itens that I don't havei idea of the use or existence, and some ideas about.

Vial of orc blood: What this thing is intent to be? Cant be used (I think that was the same effect of and potion of Bull's Strenght, but it don't make anithing, right?) and is very cheap. So, whats the deal with?

Rope of Binding (or something): The same from Orc Blood, except that is more expensive.

Gnome Ring: He just open a diferent line in the dialogue with Wonnilon? Well, I believe that the iten exist in the original game, so, I dont bore a lot about, but it shall be improuved to make a diferent line with the gnomes of Verbobonc too, don't ya think? Or even make some itens less expensive in negotiation with gnome merchants. (well, there have only one, buuut we never know...) Or even a minor itens with bonus to Listen/spot/hide, something like this (to turn the iten a little more expensive, if not useful). Ah, and it is not in the body of the Nybble guy if ya kill him... Tsc.

Oolgrish Necklace: I believe that this thing is just a jewel, becose is exactly what it is in the original game, but I believa that it will be great if it becomes somekind of iten of protection agaist fire - just like that rings of Fire Protection - don't ya?

Thrommel Gear: The ring and belt of Thrommel shall be magic, too. Maybe a Ring of Giant Powe and a Ring of Protection of some kind. Just for fun. He is a lord of an realm and just have a (Very powerful!) magic sword?

The boots and necklace of Lareth: Ya know, we just found good stufs for the neck and feet deep in the Temple. Maybe this things shall be turned in magic itens, hum?

The "centaur" figurine of Emryd Run: I've heard about the existence of this item, but never found it. It realy exist?

Well, I know that this ideas makes some of the original game itens diferent, but, well, no one shall makes me feel guilt for try!
    I'm the kind of player that just... Play the game. I don't use console comands and things like this to cheat the game anyway - and don't use to craft magic itens, just like the huge majority of the table players...), so, some useful itens makes the life much more easy!

Sorry if this aren't the place to put this questions/sugestions.
    And sorry for my poor english too!

2. Emirkol the Chaotic

Emirkol the Chaotic Proud Polytheist

Whew! OK, here goes...

This is a secondary way to cure Bing, the Leather workers apprentice. The main (best) way is to use the scroll of Heal you find at the Church.

Rope of Entanglement. Used from inventory radial menu to bind one opponent. Think localized web spell.

Additional dialogue? Like what? :gotmyatte

Yeah, you gotta be nice to him to get the ring. :roll:

Jeez! MORe fire protection?? :yikes:
    Oohlgrist is annoying wnough on his won with the fire and acid resistance he's already got!

Oh. man... give poor Thrommel even more expensive gear. It's bad enough most players rob him blind and/or kill him for his gear upon rescuing him. Poor bastard! Wait, he's royalty. Screw him!! Co8, load him up!! :evil_laug

Those items already have a purpose... Have you sold them to certain someones yet???

Yes. It really exists. Look in the lower right quadrant of the map. It buried in some trees. Use "TAB" to highlight it. It's a figurine of Lamia Summoning.

That's the great thing about the people here at Co8!! :thumbsup:

[/QUOTE]

Without questions, we don't learn.

Your poor English?? Dude, I live in the States, have YOU seen our education system?? You speak better English than most people I know! ;)

3. GuardianAngel82

GuardianAngel82 Senior Member

The Lamia (centaur) doll is under the trees to the right of the clearing. It's hard to find, so use the tab key to illuminate it.

4. Avatar_do_Grafite

Hey Emirkol, thanks for the help!

I dont knew about this 'tab thing'! Good news! Ill look for the figurine with better chances to find it now! Many thanks!

Well, one time I've no idea of how to do the Quote Box thing, I'm going to just copy/paste, ok?

'Bout the Orc Blood Vial:
    This is a secondary way to cure Bing, the Leather workers apprentice. The main (best) way is to use the scroll of Heal you find at the Church.

Good news! So I shall stay with the potion of heal in groups withou clerics! Very good to know this! But why the scrool is best than the potion, or even the vial?

Rope of Entanglement:
    Used from inventory radial menu to bind one opponent. Think localized web spell.

Hum... I believe the thing haven't worked with me in the 5.0.5 version, and I just don't have tried it yet this time. Well, lets try...

Gnome Ring:
    Additional dialogue? Like what?

Dunno http://www.co8.org/forum/images/smilies/0.gif Maybe something like Nibble (this is the name of the gnome ya rescue in the moathouse, right?) shall give ya some iten, or even the gnomish lord (forgot the name...), or maybe a mini quest, with the the tavern keeper... Just thinking...

Yeah, you gotta be nice to him to get the ring.

Well, I thing evil dissimulated groups shall take it too. This make more sense, too...

Oolgrish Necklace:
    Jeez! MORe fire protection??
    Oohlgrist is annoying wnough on his won with the fire and acid resistance he's already got!

Nay, I mean take off the ring and use the necklace in place. Just this. No LOTS of fire protection!

The boots and necklace of Lareth:
    Those items already have a purpose... Have you sold them to certain someones yet???

Well, I like them... I even sell one (the necklace, usually) and keep the other one. I like them. Just this. But well, selling one of them righ, we take some XP, some excelent itens and a good quest. Is good for me, too!

My poor english:
    Your poor English?? Dude, I live in the States, have YOU seen our education system?? You speak better English than most people I know!

Well, considering that I've learned this by my self, and don´t have lots of people to chat, I always stay feeling like someone that is offending the native speaker of the tongue.
    But thanks!

Thanks for all!

5. Emirkol the Chaotic

6. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

Possibly the gnomes assume you have the ring, on account of the fact that if you don't rescue them (just kill them for precious early game XP - does anyone do that?) they won't show up later. They already know you are the guy who rescued them.

7. erkper

erkper Bugbear Monk Supporter

Why would the gnomes who gave you the ring need to see it to know you are a gnome-friend? Now for helping rep with the gnome prince, that would make sense - but not Nybble and company.

8. Basil the Timid

Basil the Timid Dont Mention the War

The potion of Heal has always worked for me on Bing. Potions of Heal shouldn't exist anyway, so I always get rid of it immediately.

I thought the vial of Orc blood currently has no use. It used to be to turn Bing from MW weapons to blathering idiot so he could be free from the toils of hard labor. If I remember correctly, this was only open if your PC has a low intelligence. It might still work that way, but I can't be sure since I haven't created a dumb-ass in quite a while.

9. kylan271

kylan271 Established Member

The Vial of Orc Blood is needed as quest from Bing. I accidentaly used scroll of heal on him,without talking to Terjon or his brother first,and I got a hard knockback from Bing,complaining and wanting Orc Blood to open up his Masterwork shop,lol.. Then the bugger,tells my paladiness he was to harsh to her,as he is ahem gay..aghhhhhhhhhh.

The Lareth items,best option I know is sell his plate boots to the Traders(other items for more profit to other places),and they will ahem give you lots of good items,like armour,swords etc later from a courier of theirs... Kinda like a Thrommel reward encounter OK(Wicked grin..).

10. GuardianAngel82

GuardianAngel82 Senior Member

All for a LOW, LOW price of one or two mages or druids! :p

11. Avatar_do_Grafite

Lets see if the Quote thing works:

The potion of heal works well for me, and the scrools of heal are used to make some easy money at the beggining of the game, bot in case of no Cleric in the party. (whats very hard to hapens, but hapens!)
    I just hate Use Magic Itens Skills. It don´t works to me right when I beggin playing the game - the raw version of ToEE; probably becose I junt don´t use it right, but well, I still hate it!

Yes, I found it! Many thanks!

I'm afraid I haven't understood this... I just thing that, if ya kill the gnome at Moat House, he should have the ring with him. So, if ya go to kill'em, the ring should be lootable. And I don't say they do have to recognize ya as a gnome-friend, but give ya some iten, or maybe a quest, when ya meet him in Verbobonc.

What? So ya use the Vial to turn Bing back to his idiotic condition after complete the quest involving Jakk?!?

If I currectly undertood this, after to sell some Lareth stuff to the traders, they will send ya the courrier with itens to ya? make no much sense for me....

Ah, another question relative to the original objective of this thread:
    That bags and hopes we shall buy in the first "Shop chamber" of the game... They works for something in the game?

Thanks for all again, folks!

12. kylan271

kylan271 Established Member

No noooooooooo and no,sorry the concern for no Cleric is unfounded,learn from my mistake as I just started the CO8 Mod and was unaware.

In a new game I had no starting Clerics,so I was in stress mode trying to use the cleric scrolls. But I learnt,Ronald the Cleric is hirable in the Temple of St Cuthbert. I use him and Sprugnoir the Mage to identify any of the scrolls via their Read Magic spells,at no cost. Once HEAL is located,you ask Terjon the Cleric about converts and try to get the Jack&Bing quest from him,then you go to see jack and ask him about converting and you finish the conversation and use HEAL via Ronald on BING. I only got quest xp after I report back to Terjon,so you ditch Spruggy and Ronald McDonald..heh before going to see Terjon. When you need quick healing,regain Ronald.

I am joking about the Lareth items,they will-the items be given to you when you loot your 'attacker'(Heh...for killing Lareth,you will be hunted!!)!!! Porque você matou "Lareth", será enviado um assassino para matar você! ^_*

The Rope of Binding is I think a quest from the Whip girl in Nulb and hmmm Leigh sister quest for Rope of Entanglement...hmm trying to recall...???

Last edited: Apr 4, 2009
  13. Avatar_do_Grafite

Well, looks a good way to resolve the quest, but I play just as a player... I don´t take NPCs just to resolve some quest. Or I do they by my self, or I don't do they.

Ah, THIS courrier! Ok, now I got!
    Just let me ask: how ya learn portuguese?

14. Avatar_do_Grafite

Ah, yes!

I knew that something was missing!
    What about that ropes and bags on the first trunk of the chamber at the beggining of the game (sorry. I realyise that chamber have a name, I just don't remeber)? They have any game use? A friend of me, when We install the game first time in his PC, says "Excelent! Now I shall carry all the gems in a bag until I need to sell thewy all!!!" but unfortunatly for we bot, this dont works this way... Tut.

But well! We have any chance to have a gem's bag in the fruture? Or a rope that makes something? (that thing fon't actualy does nothing, right?) Or are just things to increase the RP? (my rogue always have a bag in his inventory! Is a lost slot, just as the Familiar slot for mages! But is soooo fun!)

15. Emirkol the Chaotic

Sorry, the ropes and bags in the opening shop map of ToEE don't have a use (yet) in ToEE.

If I remember correctly, they DO have a use in Keep on the Borderlands (KotB). KotB is a separate module that you can download and activate through the new Freont End. It was made by Shining Ted and the great people of the Co8.

Our Host!