Microsoft .net 2.0

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by nostradamus, Feb 14, 2007.

Remove all ads!
  1. nostradamus

nostradamus Member

I installed the game with the patch 1+2, and havent install co8 5.0.0 final yet but didnt install microsoft .net 2.0. Can I install it right now without uninstalling the game? And why do we need to instlall this any way? Can we just play it without installing this? Which version do I download x86 or x64 microsoft .net 2.0?

Last edited: Feb 14, 2007
  2. ShadowDragoon

ShadowDragoon Advocate of Vengence

The reason you need Microsoft .Net is to run the Temple of Elemental Evil Front-End. As long as you install that before installing any form of the Front-End (such as the one included in the 5.0.0 mod pack), then it will work fine.

If you run a regular Microsoft Update, there should be an option in there somewhere to install the Microsoft .Net Framework. Just do that, and you won't have to worry about finding the right download. :)

3. nostradamus

nostradamus Member

I have windows xp sp2 installed. Does that mean I have the micorsoft .net 2.0?

4. krunch

krunch moving on in life

No, it does not mean you have dotNET 2. It has to be downloaded from microsoft.com and installed. fyi - It is a large file to download.

5. krunch

krunch moving on in life

Even if you have a 64-bit version of Windows XP, I would suggest you download and install the x86 version of dotNET 2.

[EDIT - for future reference]
    The reason is that ToEE and ToEEFE are 32-bit programs, and even on a 64-bit version of Windows XP, the install path should be for installing ToEE and ToEEFE as 32-bit programs. I am not aware of people installing ToEE and ToEEFE on a 64-bit version of Windows and what consequences result. I am also not aware of people installing ToEE and ToEEFE on Windows Vista (32-bit or 64-bit) and using XP compatibility mode, either.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2007
Our Host!