Max HP On Lvl Up-All I require

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by deathknight1728, Dec 6, 2010.

Remove all ads!
  1. deathknight1728

deathknight1728 Member

Hi, I have been looking online now for about an hour and no one seems to know what i have to install to make it so my characters get max hp on level up. I dont want to install anything other than that. No quests, maybe something small to fix the slowness on occasion. I tried to install the co8 mod but it stated nowhere in the installation about this even though its the most important part. This game is great but the makers were on acid when they decided to implement old school rules to a new school game even when bg2 and iwd2 didnt implement them. Anyone know what i should install?

2. General Ghoul

General Ghoul Established Member

You can install the front end application and still play the vanilla game. The front end has different options, one of which is max HPs on level up.

3. wizgeorge

wizgeorge Prophet of Wizardy

Maxhp is not availiable and a modified version of humble_npc is in effect. Maxhp can be manually installed form the download section and humble_npc is in the download section also. I know they work good with a vanilla patch 2 game. Can't say for 5.9.3 as you alter Temple.dll and it might cause conflicts.

4. deathknight1728

deathknight1728 Member

The front end application on the circle of 8 mod on which patch number? I got the game from gog and thus it already has patch 1,2, and 3 of the official patches as it wont allow those mods to install. You said dont install 5.93, so should i install the next recent one. Im sorry if theres too many questions, i just want this game to work without having to start over.

5. wizgeorge

Depends on what you want to play. 5.9.3 should play unless you have anti-virus problems. There's seperate threads that discuss that.
    The only way to have max hp is to manually install it. Not sure if it will work with 5.9.3 as i've never tried. Humble_npc and maxhp alter Temple.dll and may cause conflicts.
    The vanilla original only requires patch 2. You can manually install humble_npc, maxhp, the pc patch counter and levelcap remover. You have to go into combat mode to loot, tho.
    If you don't want the new content then play vanilla original, otherwise, play 5.0.3.

6. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

Not sure where you're going with this, george ...

Max HP is a valid available option (among many others) in the TFE-X menu and always has been since TFE-X came out. You don't need to install it manually.

I don't believe you can alter those options in a vanilla game though (it wouldn't be vanilla if you did). Our closest to vanilla release would be 3.0.4, with which you can alter options like Max HP via TFE-X.

See the Downloads forum for links to our downloads, including 3.0.4.

There is no Co8 mod that allows only for Max HP and something small to fix the slowness on occasion.

7. wizgeorge

There are no options for humble_npc and maxhp in the original vanilla version, TFE-X or not. Maxhp went away somewhere along the mods. For the vanilla game they have to be installed and the same for 3.0.4. I use the original version of 3.0.4, so i'm not sure of the TFE version. Never used it. I'm going to try maxhp in 5.9.3 and see how it goes.
    No go on maxhp. Wouldn't accept it. So if you want maxhp then it's vanilla, or the earlier mods.
    I remember the debate over maxhp because the twister rng didn't give good hp at level-up. A fighter with a cons of 16 gets 2hp? Seemed like a good idea at the time.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2010
  8. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

That's odd. I just tried max HP with 5.9.3 and it worked perfectly fine. The Humble NPCs toggle has been disabled since a few releases back, because it's on automatically now due to the 'less humble NPCs' mods. Are you thinking of that?

Attached Files:

• hp.jpg
      hp.jpg
      File size:
      52.5 KB
      Views:
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2010
  9. wizgeorge

My operation of the options in TFE was in error. I thought there was suppose to be a box and you just checked it. No box so I thought it wasn't available. Wake up George.

10. deathknight1728

deathknight1728 Member

Just got it to work. It turns out i was wrong about it. It turned out to show up when i tried to play the game. I just had to wait for it to load but it worked. Thanks for the help guys, oh and by the way-thanks for the mod. This site will be for me as pocketplane group was with the bg series. I am already at the moat house with my 3 chars and the game seems to work more fluid and smooth. When i was there before the mod it was a little slow.

11. sirchet

sirchet Force for Goodness Moderator Supporter

HAH HAH ...

And here I've been manually adding the line "MaxHPPerLevel=true" to the lockout file right below HumbleNPCs=true ".

*facepalms and shakes his head*

Our Host!