Massive Problems with ToEE

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Aben, Feb 6, 2006.

Remove all ads!
  1. Aben

Aben Member

OK, here's the deal. I bought the download version of ToEE back in 2003. I recently renewed my licence because I have a new machine and new e-mail address and so on.

On people's advice from this board, I downloaded the latest version from Trymedia's website. I am in the UK, so I downloaded the Atari Europe version. I cannot find any kind of version number or anything like that so I'm sorry I can't be more specific. The file that I downloaded was a download manager, and the resulting file it dls is called "ToEESetup.exe" and it's 824,989 KB in size.

From what someone said, this version should include patch 2.

The version I downloaded was the Atari Europe version. Link is
    http://d.trymedia.com/d/atari_eu/6om_d_v11_51/csc_atari_eu/TempleOEE.exe

But I noticed there is a different link for the non-Europe version, which is:
    http://d.trymedia.com/d/infogrames/6h_masterd542mp/csc_infogrames/ToEESetup.exe

Which worries me. Might this explain why the C08 patch doeasn't work on my version?

When I install the C08 patch, the patching process runs fine. When I start the frontend, with all other folders closed, I get error messages such as "this program has tried to recover from a serious error" and the message about folders being opened, despite the folder NOT being opened.

The frontend then starts despite these messages!

I also noticed that when I select the C08 module as opposed to the ToEE one, the front end complains that it can't find a file called something like "cave.mp3" or similar. If I try to start the module, it loads ToEE, but as soon I select "New Game" it crashes to the desktop and I get an option to send an error report to Microsoft.

Any ideas? I realise this is a big mess!

2. Allyx

Allyx Master Crafter Global Moderator Supporter

Did you switch between 2 modules too quickly (select a different module then immediately click on "launch ToEE" - I've done that a few times).

The easy solution is reinstall the whole thing (recommended).

There is a more complicated method of fixing it - which involves finding the games music folder and putting it in the frontend folder (which doesn't exist most of the time).

Our Host!