Map images

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Spider Dwarf, Sep 12, 2012.

Remove all ads!
  1. Spider Dwarf

Spider Dwarf Spider

Okay, so I feel like trying to create a map for use with either Temple of Elemental Evil or perhaps for Baldur's Gate and its Infinity Engine. The underlying image should be the same with each program requiring the image to be split into smaller chunks. Or at least I seem to recall the Baldur's Gate series did this the same way. I'm also fairly good at CorelDraw, using it for years to map out deeds from the 18th and 19th Centuries. I have not had the need to use it's extrude features.

Here is my question. I'm pretty good at manipulating images in Photoshop but by no stretch of the imagination am I that good. So if I wanted to create an underlying isometric image I find that Ax Thrower, Cerulean the Blue, ShiningTed, and others, were discussing this back in 2007.

The program they were discussing, World Creator 2.5, is now, five and a half years later, up to version 2.5++. The price has escalated from $60.00 US to $112.00 US. And that is a discount from the normal $154.00 US.

Is it worth it for just wanting to play around? I would create something in World Creator and import it into Photoshop for further horseplay.

Conversely Dundjinni makes awesome maps. The only problem with them is that they are flat maps, sans isometric depth.

In essence I would be making a map for pleasure with the thought to pass it along to others wishing to create new content for ToEE.

Any thoughts?

Our Host!