Magic Miniature Chest....

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Dabwen, Jan 10, 2008.

Remove all ads!
  1. Dabwen

Dabwen Member

I got this item(Magic Miniature Chest) and dont know if its of any use or not. Looks like a treasure chest so wasnt sure if I could keep things in it or not, but so far cant seem to figure out how to do that if its even possible. Can anyone help me out on this please?

Thanks,
    Dabwen

2. Ax Thrower

Ax Thrower Blood Lust

It works like a bag of holding... place it in someones inventory. Go to the radial menu of that pc / to his pack and you can summon it from there... now be careful not to leave it on a map... once you are done using the chest it summons... do the same thing and dismiss it....

Thinks not to put in it.... anything you craft as it loses them to the VOID>......:kirby:

3. krunch

krunch moving on in life

----------------------------------------

You found the Extraplanar Chest.

----------------------------------------

I.) QUOTE=OB1: The chest is the Co8's answer to the Bag of Holding problem. Create or find the Extraplar Chest Miniature and you'll be able to conjure a full sized chest from the radial menu. You can then load it up and send it away again. Call it back when you want to use or sell the stuff, and don't put any items you've created in there.

II.) QUOTE=CtB: The chest isn't supposed to teleport to you wherever you are. When you send it away, it goes to another plane to existence (the Ethereal Plane). When you summon it back, it comes back from that plane to wherever you are. If you don't send it away, you can't bring it back. This is not much of a problem unless you leave it on a random encounter map, you just have to remember where you last used it. If you do leave it on a random encounter map, it's gone for good.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2008
  4. erkper

erkper Bugbear Monk Supporter

You will have to have it identified before it will show up in the radial menu and be useful - but once it is, it becomes one of the best magic items in the game (IMO.)

5. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

I believe there are some instructions inside the chest when you first open it.

6. Dabwen

Dabwen Member

Thanks for the help all this thing is awesome!!! Co8 has really stepped the enjoyment of this game up a notch for me, thanks a ton for all the hard work!

7. Steellord

Steellord Member

Okay, I have a couple parties running thru at the moment. One of them found this chest along with the scrolls for extraplanar chest, and fumbling around a bit I figured out how it works.

Now my second party has found two scrolls of extraplanar chest, but no miniature?.
    Did something mess up in my game or is it possible it will show up later or do I have to create one somehow.

I really liked having this item with my other party and would like it with my current group.

TIA

8. erkper

erkper Bugbear Monk Supporter

My understanding is you can use a scroll to create one, but there should have been one in the same place you found it the first time. Try using the <Tab> key to highlight bodies that might have inventory, or wait for the bodies to decompose. The chest should be there.

9. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

You didn't find the miniature - you found two scrolls of extraplanar chest in Lareth's chest in his quarters in the Moathouse. You get the miniature added to your inventory by casting the spell from a scroll. You then summon the real chest by using the radial menu option, and you send it back by doing the same.

10. Steellord

Steellord Member

Well I knew that the scrolls came from Lareth's chest and I thought the miniature was there when the first party got it. But taking Erkper's advice I went back thru the Moathouse holding the tab key and found the miniature on the floor near where I killed the Ghouls and the Green Slimes. Thanks again for the help people.

11. dragonalumni

dragonalumni Elemental Warrior

I was just thinking back to my game, when I got the scroll I used my wizard to learn one and it said the cost was 5000 gold or something and the level was quite high, so I never got around to casting this spell because by the time I could do so I had no carry problems. I was no longer trying to sell everything..

But, if scrolls operate like wands, it would be possible to cast this spell gold free and at a lower level then required? Am I right?

12. Allyx

Allyx Master Crafter Global Moderator Supporter

Casting the spell from a scroll doesn't cost you anything, or at least shouldn't, the cost is incurred when the scroll is created.

13. Basil the Timid

Basil the Timid Dont Mention the War

I just noticed that all of my temple clothing is no longer inside the Extraplanar Chest. It was loaded up with all kinds of other stuff, which I believe was present and accounted for, but not the robes.

Edit: I reloaded an earlier game and I noticed that the chest spits out a bunch of stuff into a pile when it is opened. Is there a known limit to how much it can carry?

Last edited: Aug 27, 2008
Our Host!