Mac version :)

Discussion in 'ToEE Engine Recreation Project' started by Nefarian, Jul 3, 2010.

Remove all ads!
  1. Nefarian

Nefarian Member

Hey all!

first of all, congratz on this effort, my programming knowledge is very limited but my guess is that an engine recreation is a tedious task.

I was wondering if it would be possible to have a Mac (or even a Linux) executable. Engine recreation projects apart from being totally awesome on their own right, have the merit that they can make older games cross platform as well, e.g. as ScummVM has done.

It would be great if the devs could consider it, if it not too much to ask for :)

Last edited: Jul 3, 2010
  2. DarkStorm

DarkStorm Established Member

Hi,

I already ran the engine on Linux and it worked there. I don't have access to a MacOS X machine, so I can't really try there.

In general, I am using Qt (http://qt.nokia.com), OpenGL, and other open-source libraries that should all be available on MacOS X. So someone would need to compile it on MacOS X/Linux, and possibly fix any platform-specific bugs.

But in general: It's possible and also encouraged ;-)

3. UniversalWolf

UniversalWolf agricola

Cool! I would enjoy having a mac version of this.

4. p4cm4n

p4cm4n Member

I run it on a mac almost perfectly with this method:
    1. Install crossover games
    2. got the GOG.com version of the game (It's cheap and works like a charm in every system you try to install it :))
    3. in crossover games click configure/install software. here choose to install dotnet framework 3.0 in the list. let it do it's thing (if u use little snitch you should let CG once connect to download some programs a few times in a row [doesn't remove [k]])
    4. Install the game "as is" with the gog.com download (let the installer check the integrity and then in the installer click options and uncheck install foxit reader as you wont use that software) then click the green installbutton at the bottom right
    5. Install the lastest co8 package, then run it and let it do its thing

after an hour or so, you can enjoy this game again, but it is worth it :) the only drawback is that mouse runs a bit slow, but i think that's wine/crossover's fault, not co8

Last edited: Apr 17, 2011
Our Host!