Lose Magic ointment with skull...

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by windmillcrusadeR, Mar 12, 2009.

Remove all ads!
  1. windmillcrusadeR

windmillcrusadeR Windmillcrusader

Ok, my characters have been hauling around the golden skull bec they can't get Burnie to give them the "give the skull to my assistant quest"
    so i placed it in the chest of holding and bring it out occassionally. I dropped it into a characters space when i noticed the ointment that heals characters disappeared.
    I've noticed in the past i seem to lose this item but had never kept track when it happened

So this is a bug but i'm not sure how to classify it

2. Greylan

Greylan Established Member

Hmm, did you perhaps use the last charge of the ointment without noticing?

3. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

Items with charges can't be stored in the 'chest of holding': they would automatically recharge (since the chest essentially destroys stuff, then recreates it later when you want it back) so to prevent the exploit, you just can't put them in there.

Its all in the note :) So you classify this bug as 'user error' :p

(Sorry, couldn't resist!)

4. windmillcrusadeR

windmillcrusadeR Windmillcrusader

I didn't use the ointment. i also visually saw the ointment disappear when i dropped the skull into the character's cargo area.

No, did not drop the potion or the ointment into the chest.

The ointment was in the next to the bottom row.

the skull was dropped onto the next row up and one colomn over.

Then the bottle disappeared.

i tried closing the window and opening it again and the bottle did not reapear.

I think it's a bug because i've lost unused bottles of the ointment before but couldn't figure out why the ointment was gone.

I remember back when version 3 came out i was complaining about not being able to loot items from dead bodies. i had people telling me how i was supposed to loot them, because i must be doing it wrong. That was a bug, though this bug i think is much less noticble

Usually when it comes to picking up keys or skulls or certain items i don't usually pick it up directly with a character. i'll have an NPC pick it up (after the loot option is initiated by the PC). Even then, it's impossible to see this bug because usually if the skull is picked up, your character has it in his/her holding area. if transfered from an NPC to a PC you see the holding area of the NPC or the "dropee"
    only when taking from a chest/storage device can you actually watch the PC's cargo area and the item being dropped off.

Our Host!