Lionheart: Legacy of the Crusader

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Mereinid, Nov 9, 2009.

Remove all ads!
  1. Mereinid

Mereinid Member

Hello and good afternoon all. was wondering if the widecreen mod presented at G3 and other mod sites for the Inifinty Engine games would, theoretically, work with Lionheart: Legacy of the Crusader? If some tweaks have to be addressed would there be a way for me to do them and address any hic-ups that arise?

Thanks for your time here.

Matthew

2. maggit

maggit Zombie RipTorn Wonka

Hm, the question is whether Lionheart is based off the Infinity Engine. Frankly, I don't know, I never played Lionheart... If it is you could try but please make back up of necessary files
    just in case.

3. Mereinid

Mereinid Member

Thanks Mag, I guess I should have asked that question as well. The game was made by Black Isle same as BG I & II and Icewind Dale and PST..etc etc...it looks amazingly alot like the same engine that pushes PSTorment.. I appreciate the reply back.

Have an excellent day/eve.

Matthew :Being_a_s

4. GuardianAngel82

GuardianAngel82 Senior Member

The name sounds familiar, but I don't recognise it. Is "Lionheart: Legacy of the Crusader": a D&D game? a RPG?

5. Mereinid

Mereinid Member

Yes, Lionheart is very much so an RPG. 3/4 Isometric veiw. Quests, party members, paperdolls, spells, skills, perks, evil villain to kill you and why you have to be uber to stop him. Set in the time of the Dark Ages with an alterate reality. Here is nice description of it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lionheart:_Legacy_of_the_Crusader. The soundtrack alone is worthy of playing not to mention Quest and Level grinding.

6. Jaysyn

Jaysyn Member

It uses the Velocity engine.

According to Wikipedia it was created by Reflexive Entertainment & not Black Isle. Both games series (as well as Fallout 1 & 2) were *published* by Interplay.

Hope this helps.

7. Ausdoerrt

Ausdoerrt Veteran Member

I played it. It uses a modified SPECIAL system. The game's decent, but it's got too much Diablo in it after the end of chapter 1, not to mention it's ridiculously hard at the endgame if you failed to stack up on potions (wich are rare), and have a good set of skills/equipment.

A great idea with mediocre execution. Still worth trying out, though.

And no, it does not use the Infinity Engine; it still looks pretty decent (and probably better than the high-res patched Infinity Engine games anyway).

8. feillyne

feillyne Member

Yeah it's true Lionheart uses Velocity Engine, Granny 3d models, anti-aliasing and converting 3d models into 2d sprites on the run it seems.

Technically anything you find in the Infinity Engine won't work in the Velocity engine.

Our Host!