Leatherworkers' inventories

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Azured, Feb 28, 2010.

Remove all ads!
  1. Azured

Azured Lethal but deadly.

First of all, a very special thanks to everyone involved in the making of the Co8 mod. I've played the game through a lot of times with different parties and with different versions of the mod since version 5.0 came out.
    I've been lurking around these forums for a long time and finally had to register to download something. Still, I haven't been very active as an author since I don't have much to add to the modding process. I'm just an enthusiastic gamer with both CRPGs and PnP, especially when it comes to D&D 3,5ed.
    At the moment I'm still playing the game with mod version 5.5.0 because my better half has a game-in-process after she had to take a small break from playing. There is a small problem, though. I haven't been able to solve it since I have only a very basic grasp of the console commands and the general scripting etc. the game uses.
    I know you have better things to do than to give support to an older version of your mod, but I was hoping maybe I could find someone here with similar problems. I've tried to use the search, but to no avail. I haven't been able to find any other instances of this problem.

The problem is this: after accepting the quest to cure Bing and then using the Heal potion (or scroll for that matter) from the Temple to cure him, they seem pleased and offer to make masterwork items for me as usual - but after that Jakk Borton stops respawning his inventory and Bing just keeps saying that it will still take a while. I've tried the usual shenanigans (clearing map cache is on, rested for dozens of days elsewhere and in Hommlet etc.) but nothing seems to make their timers advance.

I'd like to know if there are some console commands or such to force an inventory respawn for Jakk and to make Bing's timer advance. Any trick will do, I'm not picky. I don't have old enough saves to go back in time before Bing's healing, though.
    Other shopkeepers in Hommlet and elsewhere have their inventories working just fine. I've played the game through with version 5.5.0 a couple of times and this error came up every time. It hasn't been a problem with my party builds, but my better half could use some better leatherwork.

Anyways, thanks for you help in advance!

2. Ausdoerrt

Ausdoerrt Veteran Member

Wait and see if any of the actual modders know more, but as far as I'm aware, the timer issue isn't really solvable. The shops SHOULD refresh in a week or however long the storekeeper says they will, so just be patient. Sometimes resting doesn't really help, so maybe go on with the game and come back later? If you're really desperate for a certain item, you could always console it it and console out the cost. :shrug:

3. Azured

Azured Lethal but deadly.

Yeah, I've read quite a bit about this problem and even found out some sort of console commands that could potentially be used to force an inventory respawn. Another problem posed by this bug is that Jakk Borton's inventory is so full it is completely impossible to sell him anything.

I guess one could find the necessary leather items from Ah Fong or maybe eventually from Verbobonc, but that is a long way from Hommlet or Nulb game-wise.

I'm just wondering if there is a person who is proficient enough with console commands or the game engine to be able to offer assistance in this matter.

And yes, I've been around the game map and rested in other places than Hommlet, and that just doesn't seem to solve this problem. Thanks for your input, though.

Our Host!