Instant Messaging details...

Discussion in 'Site and Forum Feedback' started by Necroticpus, Jul 8, 2009.

Remove all ads!
  1. Necroticpus

Necroticpus Cthulhu Ftaghn!

Ok, so I went in and started messing with the User CP. I came across a field for adding various handles for instant messaging and other contact places and whatnot. It occurred to me that there should be one for Twitter, so the mod developers can keep us up to date the very second they finish coding "The Tales Of The Sword Coast". Or perhaps let us know when you finish a small bit of coding for a particular fight scene, or a whole new area or new NPCs or new monsters and whatnot. :poke:

P.S. Just kidding, but the thought struck me funny seeing as how most young people around my locale are always going on and on about Twitter and how super-uber-fantastic it is. I guess just having a land line and picking up the phone is now obsolete. I can't wait until I'm older 20 years from now and be able to tell children stories about the "mythical" landlocked telephone lines that you had to use in your house and how primitive we were back in the day having only 4,000 digital television channels. :Being_a_s How did we ever survive?!

2. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

What I still can't understand is how people today prefer text messaging - typing words at a comparatively slow rate on a tiny keyboard - to talking on the phone. It's almost as though your kid would be thrilled to get a typewriter for Christmas. So he/she could ... type on it. I guess.

Neat idea about twitter, but you'll just have to keep checking the news threads here for the time being.

3. Euangelion

Euangelion Member

My guess is that actually talking is too obvious - texting can be more subtle (though many are as subtle as a rock to the side of the head with it) - lets the kids feel like they're getting away with something, I guess...

Last edited: Jul 10, 2009
Our Host!