Incorrect D&D 3.5 Rules in TOEE

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by r0gershrubber, Jan 1, 2012.

Remove all ads!
  1. r0gershrubber

r0gershrubber Member

As I understand, the goal of Co8 is to make TOEE consistent with the PnP rules where possible. I noticed a couple inconsistencies, and I thought I would share.

1. Armor check penalties from armor and encumbrance should not stack, although they do in TOEE.
    This is not the end of the world because it basically only affects hide and move silently.

2. Blinded creatures cannot make attacks of opportunity, although they do so in TOEE. (Sighted creatures also should not make attacks of opportunity against invisible creatures, but I have not tested that yet.) This is because all enemies have total concealment against blinded, while the reverse is true of enemies against an invisible opponent.
    3. Slings should require a move action to reload, although this does not seem to be the case in TOEE. The sling also only requires one hand to fire, but two to reload, which is probably difficult to code. I would suggest making it require two at all times, but don't apply the armor check penalty from bucklers (as with the bow and crossbow), as this achieves essentially the same effect.

2. Ausdoerrt

Ausdoerrt Veteran Member

3. Isn't that how slings work now? (fuzzy on the reload thing, though).

EDIT: I meant the shield thing.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2012
  3. r0gershrubber

r0gershrubber Member

No. I've equipped Meleny with a sling and she is able to move and fire every round. By contrast, my Wizard cannot move, fire, and reload all in the same round, and I frequently notice this, especially when I forget to reload the previous round.

Edit, re. shields and slings: Yeah, that's how it currently works, although I think you could re-load a crossbow if you had a small shield equipped as well with respect to RAW. Since the stats for bucklers and small shields are basically the same, I think that implementation is fine as-is. The real point of the comment was that it should require a move-action to reload.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2012
Our Host!