Okay, this is the thread where we discuss the nuts and bolts of this business of making improvements to the UI, namely in the form of making the text easier to read (larger) and making stuff look nicer. What I have discovered so far: Thanks to some old posts by HK that directed me where to look, I have found that: There are six fonts currently installed in ToEE. Arial 10 point (the 'regular' font) Arial bold 10 point (used for some titles) Arial 12 point (which is actually priory 12 point) Priory 12 point (used for most titles) Arial 24 point (used for stuff like numbers in resting window, etc.) Scurlock 64 point (used for the main title) I haven't tried it yet, but presumably (and based on what Surf Solar did, obviously) new fonts can be added. As near as I can tell, the above would require some fairly rigorous detail work. Each font and size has to have an image file that shows all the characters in scale, as well as files that tell the game the coordinates on the image from which to get each character. Tedious work, particularly if we wanted to try to implement larger fonts. An easier way make ToEE text larger without too much effort would be to just make the 'regular' text Priory 12 point instead of Arial 10 point. This would increase the dpi by two sizes and be a better looking font. Priory has some character. Carrying out the above is still some fairly tedious work. Each part of the UI basically has control files that tell the game which font to display. We'd have to meticulously go through all of them and test to make sure they look okay and don't cause problems. There are a lot of different parts in the UI. So far I've tested this with the logbook and it actually looks really really good imo. Quests look good and display properly, with only a slight runover in text on the right page border in some instances of the time you did something. Reputations look fine. Keys look fine. Rumors look slightly cluttered but okay, but some of them might need to be truncated. The Ego section is a bit problematic in that the bounding doesn't contain the larger text. That was an area where Troika really crammed in a lot of info, so I think Arial 10 would still have to be used for parts of that. I know Surf Solar offered to redo the boxes as necessary, but I suspect that would be quite complicated, with assigning new coordinates on where to draw it and where to position text, etc. - a road I'd rather not go down if we can avoid it. Anyway, the bottom line is: we can fix the small text issue, even if it's just a back door fix like I described above. I wonder where the "cannot be done" thing came from, or if that was just conjecture and disinclination that evolved into urban legend over time. Or if maybe larger added fonts actually do fail somehow. I'll post some screens later. I think the worldmap would be next.