[IDEAS] Dual Wielding Shields

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Alex_Chrono, Aug 26, 2004.

Remove all ads!
  1. Alex_Chrono

Alex_Chrono Member

What do you say about having a character Dual Wield a shield?

Of course, there won't be much of a damage bonus to it, but hey at least your character can boast of his (or her) immense defense capability (Well up to the maximum allowable Armor Class bonus for shields), add it with him (or her) shouting "Come taste me arms of steel you lily-livered varmits!"

And besides I think it looks quite cool. If the shield could just be thrown like in Ragnarok Online. (hmm... :D)

P.S.: I had dreams about a dwarf named Grindor Thankard, who's wearing a Full Plate armor and having two shields which he used to plow unsuspecting goblins.

2. Alex_Chrono

Alex_Chrono Member

I tried making a shield available for both Weapon Slots.

Using Phalzyr's editor, I changed the Weapons Slots of a certain Shield (Gnoll Shield 1) to 0IF_WEAPON_PRIMARY 0IF_WEAPON_SECOND (I forgot if its the actual constant for the primary and secondary item slot, I just copied it from a longsword and pasted it in the weapon slot of the shield.)

But something weird happened, the shield can't get equipped in the primary weapon slot and lo! It too cannot be equipped in the secondary weapon slot.

After a while I added some kinda box thingy between the two OIF texts (must be an ascii code that cannot be printed in a text box)

What happened is it can be equipped in the secondary but not in the primary weapon slot. As of now I'm kinda confused on how to make the Dual Shield possible, if any of you guys have an Idea please let me know.

P.S.: Grindor Thankard came to my dream that night and expressed his regards and told me not to give up. :lol:

Our Host!