I have a big problem

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Mr Mop, Jun 2, 2013.

Remove all ads!
  1. Mr Mop

Mr Mop Member

I have a big problem. I have 7.8 NC and it works fine except when it goes to any kind of cut scene or the intro video. I disabled the intro video, but i still can't even get out of the shop map. As soon as i click begin adventuring at the portal, my screen goes all black and crashes showing me an error message. I have patch 1and 2, ToEE is not in program files i have visual themes off and all the other properties you guys say to check off, i have it running in compatibility mode for XP but my computer has is a Windows 7. I have already played the game through but i have never gotten to verbabonc, so i dont really care about missing cut scenes, if there is any fix anybody knows of i would like to hear it, if anybody knows how to simply disable all cut scenes that would be cool.

2. Mr Mop

Mr Mop Member

I have a big problem. I have 7.8 NC and it works fine except when it goes to any kind of cut scene or the intro video. I disabled the intro video, but i still can't even get out of the shop map. As soon as i click begin adventuring at the portal, my screen goes all black and crashes showing me an error message. I have patch 1and 2, ToEE is not in program files i have visual themes off and all the other properties you guys say to check off, i have it running in compatibility mode for XP but my computer has is a Windows 7. I have already played the game through but i have never gotten to verbabonc, so i dont really care about missing cut scenes, if there is any fix anybody knows of i would like to hear it, if anybody knows how to simply disable all cut scenes that would be cool.

3. Ztirual

Ztirual Member

Re: A few questions?

From the gameguide: "Some players' games crash the instant that they try to leave the start shop (i.e. when they activate the portal). If this happens to you, then it means that your computer has a problem playing the game's cutscenes. You solve the problem by either disabling 'scaling' in your video card's driver software or by renaming all of the .bik files in your \data\movies folder within your Temple of Elemental Evil game folder (if you rename all of the .bik files, then you'll miss out on all of the cutscenes during the game, but at least you'll be able to play the game)."

Maybe this helps?

4. nyarlathotep

nyarlathotep Merry Murder Maniac

5. sirchet

sirchet Force for Goodness Moderator Supporter

Re: A bunch of question

You could go into your game directory and go the movies folder and rename the movies, this way they will never play.

I had to do that myself until 7.7 just miraculously started playing all movies without a hitch.

I too am running Win7, but not in any comparability mode, just as admin.

6. Mr Mop

Mr Mop Member

I have another problem. Now smithy wont tell me about the mouthouse respawn, even though i completed the Arena of Heroes challenge. I have explored the Temple and know about the factions. kent wont tell me anyhting and the "IM LOOKING FOR SOMETHING DIFFERENT" dialogue just goes in a loop. Imon 7.8 nc

7. sirchet

That encounter has been moved to after you defeat Zuggy.

You can find a notice on the board in Verbobonc for it. :)

8. Mr Mop

Mr Mop Member

The board in verbabonc? I cant get to verbabonc until after i clear out the respawn right? Either way smithy hasn't told me how to get to verbabonc. There is no option on my map. Maybe there is a manual way to activate verbabonc through the console?

9. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

10. sirchet

Much of the New Content has been moved to after you defeat Zuggy.

Once you hand Zuggy the Smack Down, the path to Verbobonc will appear as a choice in the list to the right of the World Map.

So GO GIVE ZUGGY A WHAT FOR. Heh heh

Our Host!