Hommlet Rewards Guide (Quests, Killing, and Selling) 5 27 21

Discussion in 'Guides and Help Threads' started by Endarire, Jun 12, 2021.

Remove all ads!
  1. Endarire

Endarire Ronald Rynnwrathi

Greetings, all!

I got tired of feeling obligated to go through Hommlet and do all the introductory stuff there every time. Thus, I went through the introductory stuff again and took detailed notes on what rewards are granted so people - like me - can use the console to quickly give themselves the benefits with minimal hassle, and so that people also know what rewards are gained from Hommlet. (This guide also includes a recommended quest completion order for those who want to do this stuff manually.) Enjoy!

(I made this a Google Doc for ease of editing and formatting on my part.)

> > > GUIDE LINK < < <

2. anatoliy

anatoliy Established Member

What is difference to other walkthroughs?

3. hammyh

hammyh Established Member

I understand your objective, but the information you have provided is really little different from a site like https://www.gamebanshee.com/templeofelementalevil/walkthrough.php or the FAQ on this forum.

I suspect that a simple table listing each significant item, total xp amount total, and the Console code is all that is necessary for your guide.

You will also probably want to warn that ToEE is somewhat buggy and while console commands are generally safe, they could introduce extra baggage into the savegame that may eventually cause issues.

Or you could append the forum FAQ?

Iirc, the Welkwood Bog was meant as an alternative for those that can`t stand the Fed-ex quests. But if you gotta have the Fed-ex items, than the codes are all you need.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2021
  4. Endarire

@anatoliy
    I mentioned my guide's objectives in the first post. To rephrase, this guide is intended for people who want to know an optimal order to do the initial Hommlet quests, as well as what EXP, cash, and item values they should give themselves via console if they just want to skip this stuff and move onto the action - the Moathouse, Welkwood Bog, etc.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2021
    anatoliy likes this.
  5. Sitra Achara

Sitra Achara Senior Member

Heh, this reminds me - I've added a script to fast forward the early part of the game for testing/balancing purposes. IIRC it was quickstart(#) imported from t.py.

anatoliy likes this.
  6. Endarire

@Sitra Achara
    Part of the reason I made this guide (and this other guide) was to encourage someone to release a mod publicly so people could just get past the early game. May we get it from you?

Last edited: Jun 15, 2021
    Shiningted likes this.
  7. Daryk

Daryk Veteran Member

That's essentially what Welkwood Bog IS (as said before). Is that not enough for you?

Shiningted likes this.
  8. Endarire

Guide is now updated with smuggling and opening vignette rewards and a credits section!

9. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

I gave this a bit of a read, I'm nothing if not... well, a reader. There's a lot I could say, but I won't. I'll just say something personal - you're using the term Abba all wrong.

10. hammyh

hammyh Established Member

Since your guide is aimed a bit towards the exploit side of ToEE and money generation and it seems to be the type of thing you like to experiment with, I thought I'd give you another interesting thing to try:

IIRC, the rewards from both the prince and princess will be given to all controlled undead, as well as your party. I don't know if this behaves the same with charmed additions, though...or summons.

But I do know that on occasion I have had evil parties with ~10-ish minor undead (ghouls, ghasts, etc) and they get the money, potions, and rings. They drop them when dead (or maybe it can be pickpocketed?)

The obvious tricky part is timing the encounter, if your helpers are not permanent like controlled undead. Summons would be easy to test, as you could summon many before the conversation.

And one more with the Arena of Champions. If you never do the last battle - which is fun, but doesn't comparably give that much xp...
    ...you can use the book as an endless source of teleport to Homlet from anywhere. Big savings in money for early teleport scroll purchases.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2021
Our Host!