Hezrou Stench

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by swapoer, Dec 4, 2007.

Remove all ads!
  1. swapoer

swapoer Member

I casted the Moredenkainen’s Sword and when fighting with the Hezrou the sword got Hezrou Stench.Is that right?It is a sword,so i am expecting it to be poison resist.
    Also,when my wizard was silenced,she was able to use scroll and magic device.I think it should be impossible to use scroll when u can't read.And do anyone know using magice device need advocation?

2. zuluwarrior94

zuluwarrior94 Established Member

That's odd. It's a force sword and should not be affected by anything like the hezrou stench. It can't even be physically attacked.

3. Sapper_Astro

Sapper_Astro Established Member

I have had this before. Somewhat hilarious at the time.

4. wizgeorge

wizgeorge Prophet of Wizardy

Silence doesn't affect read, so you can use a scroll. Wands can be used because there is no command words to be spoken in ToEE. It's a good thing, otherwise wizards would be useless if they can't get out of the affected area.

5. swapoer

swapoer Member

Silence doesn't affect read

Why?Because when using a scroll you recite rather than read?

For wand,i remember some need command words when i am reading about using magic device.But you talk about TOEE.Are you refering to the game engine itself or the setting of the world?

6. Cujo

Cujo Mad Hatter Veteran

he game engine.

7. swapoer

swapoer Member

Some more questions.
    I look into the folder,5.0xnote,and see this.
    -NPCs using potions now provoke AoOs (possibly on using scrolls/wands too, confirmation pending)
    I dont notice it work or no.But i realize when my solo wizard using wand it doesnt provoke AoOs.And it should be the same as using potions.

And this:
    Circle of Death range fixed to Medium.
    I think it still is Large.

PS: When starting the TOEEFE ,it show:patched to 5.04.

And about the Moredenkainen’s Sword.Its AC is just 13 and easily get killed.Is that right?I means it is too easy to get killed and dont sound like a decent spell.
    zuluwarrior94 said it can't even be physically attacked.But i dont know what it mean.

About the Tenser’s Transformation.It work odd.First time a cast it ,i think it work alright.But i find there is a pell object in my inventory.So it fetch it and put it in my chest,
    --|,to see what will happen.And my wizard return to her normal form.But after that ,the next time i cast it, it work odd,the strength is just 3,and the other att work find (maybe the int dont changed to 3,i dont remember exactly).Is it my fault?

And it would be good if the co8 team will update the help system in the game as the new spells added.

8. Sapper_Astro

Sapper_Astro Established Member

It used to be the super spell of choice (Mordenkainens sword) as it couldn't be attacked. Perfect for all of your Balor needs. I believe it was changed into an entity that could be killed off some time ago. Pity it couldn't improve over time, but what can you do?

9. zuluwarrior94

That is according to the D&D 3.5 rules.

10. wraith_bones

wraith_bones Member

ive noticed the same thing happens with the all powerful spiritual weapon spell too

11. zuluwarrior94

By the way, I'll tell y'all what you can do with Mordenkainen's Sword. When it is cast, and its little ikon is in your party display line at the bottom of your screen, open its inventory and give its "greatsword" to a fighter in your party. The fighter will take a huge penalty to AC because the sword is "huge" (or something), but it has an awesome to-hit bonus and its a "force" weapon (like magic missile) and will hit anything (even things like Black Pudding). Max out the Power Attack and go to town on anything you wanna kill.

So, if there are some bugs that you can't fix, then exploit others to make up for them.

12. swapoer

swapoer Member

Well,funny.
    But currently i am a solo wizard.And i find it hard to deal with the high SR of Balor.And the summons turn me down,like the Mordenkainen's Sword.
    Any suggestion?

13. zuluwarrior94

I've never played a solo wizard, but I would imagine that if you summoned some Mordenkainen's swords or other monsters, the Balor would attack them first, then you could... yeah, I got nothin'. Good luck.

Our Host!